Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls from other networks or text messages

Makhan21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently switched from EE BUSINESS to O2 Business, I have not receiving any calls from any other networks or land lines.

nor am I receiving any text messages.

i have contact customer support on many occasions and they say that their systems are all showing as correct.

i have been sent a new replacement SIM but unfortunately this hasn’t resolved the issue.

O2 Business have now escalated my issue to their complaints and review team.

has anyone else had similar issues and were they eventually resolved

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Porting can be a protracted affair these days - but as your PAC came from EE, chase up with them in the first instance to see if the port was successful on their side, your EE SIM should be inactive if all is ok there.

Then persist with O2 Business team on 8002 to find out where things are stuck. Porting at the weekend is uncommon - you may have to wait until Tuesday if things are in-flight. Keep rebooting your phone with the new O2 SIM in place, @Makhan21 - good luck!

Message 2 of 16

Lord-Gareth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Call CC and file a complaint, then someone will have to deal with it.

Message 3 of 16

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9312 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Lord-Gareth 

As @Makhan21 is  Business customer, he presumably wants this issue resolving as soon as possible. 

If he lodges a formal complaint, there will be a delay of up to eight weeks whilst O2 investigate and respond to his complaint, and during that period, other O2 teams will be either unable or unwilling to engage with @Makhan21

A way forward has been suggested by @pgn and I would urge @Makhan21 to follow that guidance so as his issue is resolved timeously. 👍

Message 4 of 16

Makhan21
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your advice, I have not received any response from Complaints and Review team at O2. I was informed by customer care that it could up to 5 days for complaint team to review and reach out to me. In the meantime I will contact my old service provider EE to check if the transfer from their end was completed correctly.

Message 5 of 16

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9312 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

As I said above @Makhan21, the five-day turnaround for complaints is a fiction. 👍  

Message 6 of 16

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 218 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

as your PAC came from EE, chase up with them in the first instance to see if the port was successful on their side,

That's bad advice. Once your PAC has been given to a new network provider, you are their customer and your point of contact is them.

Even if the issue is incomplete or errant porting data with your old network, it is for your new MNO to liaise & resolve. Your previous operator will rightly refer you onwards if you contact them.

Message 7 of 16

pgn
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@japitts wrote:

@pgn wrote:

as your PAC came from EE, chase up with them in the first instance to see if the port was successful on their side,

That's bad advice. Once your PAC has been given to a new network provider, you are their customer and your point of contact is them.

Even if the issue is incomplete or errant porting data with your old network, it is for your new MNO to liaise & resolve. Your previous operator will rightly refer you onwards if you contact them.

Advice noted, @japitts - with thanks 👍

Message 8 of 16

SImonw_1963
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One the PAC code has been received, it is O2's job

• to advise you when the migration will happen
  • this will take 4-8 hours and involve several phone restarts (Phone should receive O2 calls and make calls anywhere at this point)
  • advise all other networks what numbers they hold (allow other networks to call you)

Phone numbers are allocated by ranges to mobile phone companies. When you call or message someone, your local phone company checks it's register, then the allocated mobile phone company  to find you. Until O2 tells everyone you have migrated, only they know you have migrated, as well as your original supplier.

Once sorted, this can take 1-2 days but usually 1, the port is truly completed.

Message 9 of 16

pgn
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@SImonw_1963 wrote:

One the PAC code has been received, it is O2's job

• to advise you when the migration will happen
  • this will take 4-8 hours and involve several phone restarts (Phone should receive O2 calls and make calls anywhere at this point)
  • advise all other networks what numbers they hold (allow other networks to call you)

Phone numbers are allocated by ranges to mobile phone companies. When you call or message someone, your local phone company checks it's register, then the allocated mobile phone company  to find you. Until O2 tells everyone you have migrated, only they know you have migrated, as well as your original supplier.

Once sorted, this can take 1-2 days but usually 1, the port is truly completed.

Thanks, @SImonw_1963 

@Dave-O2 @Kei-M_O2 - Looks like the info shared above, if generic and applicable to all PAC transactions/processes when moving to O2 from another provider, could do with being added into the

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] that @MI5 wrote and keeps updated here on the Forum. 

It would fit under the "If you are porting from another Network Mobile Operator to the O2 Network." section.

What say all?

Message 10 of 16