cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable
After two and a half years on Home Broadband Premium @ speeds of 11Mb plus download and 1Mb upload problems started last week.
The router started dropping out and re syncing up to 900 times, 2nd line tech said it was a record for him!
Anyway they did a 24Hrs line test and have sent me a new router,
I'd already tried two routers, A O2 Mk2 and a Netgear DG834GT same results :womanindifferent:
I plug in the new router this morning and low and behold all is well in the world but at 8.5Mb and 0.9Mb,
2nd line tech have told me there is nothing wrong with the line!!!!!
I have the distinct feeling after 2.5 years with O2 Broadband I'm being rolled over and fed ****, Smiley Mad
I'm thinking of pulling the plug on em en-mass but have a telephone line contract till September (£51 to quit)
and 3 Mobile contracts that run out in July...(£???)
Anybody else had a similar experience?
Totally Gutted
H126
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Those are now on your side. There were some before BT corrected the fault.
I don't know for sure (perhaps somebody else can comment) but it may well be the XTF-68 being incorrectly used that is causing these errors....but I'm only guessing slight_smile
Any error will cause some reaction on the connection, CRCs probably would not cause a disconn. but will slow things up. Error Seconds can occur on the initial connections to the MSAN in the exchange or if there is Loss of Signal and Loss of Framing are I believe associated with CRCs.
On a good line you would see some CRCs and HECs (ignore FECs because those have been corrected)...but no Error Seconds, Loss of Framing or Loss of Signal.
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Those are now on your side. There were some before BT corrected the fault.
I don't know for sure (perhaps somebody else can comment) but it may well be the XTF-68 being incorrectly used that is causing these errors....but I'm only guessing slight_smile

Thank you for the reply,
I forgot to update in my update post that the kind BT engineer replaced my old
master box/ XTF-68 with a nice shiny new NTE-5 master box.
ADSL and Telephone now connected to the NTE-5 via O2 microfilter until I can get a master faceplate filter fitted.
Cheers
H
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I have put a ADSL Nation XTE-2005 Faceplate on the NTE5 box, replaced the cable from the XTE-2005 ADSL socket to the O2 router with a new one and still getting errors, anybody have any idea what could be causing these Errors?
TIA
H

Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 15:58:43
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) : 1,330 / 13,429
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) : 159.25 / 3.99
Output Power (Up/Down) : 12.4 / 19.2
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) : 21.0 / 37.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) : 6.5 / 6.1
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / BDCM
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 68 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 6,643,397 / 6,643,397
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 102 / 65
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 76 / 49
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the test socket behind the NTE5 faceplate and if the Error Seconds are still there then almost certainly it's an external fault because you have replaced everything except the router.....if you can substitute the router (borrow a friend's or neighbour's for a couple of hours ?) then you can prove 100% it's an external problem or not.
You will never eliminate FEC + CRC + HEC errors.
Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bandwidth (Up/Down) : 1,330 / 13,429
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) : 21.0 / 37.5

I would add that basically you have an extremely good line.
The equivalent data for my line is this :
Bandwidth (Up/Down) : 1,308 / 9,905
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) : 19.0 / 38.0

So we are a very similar distance from our exchanges but your sync (connection) speed is much higher than mine.
This probably means that the cabling between your house and your exchange is a very good quality. Provided there are no disconnections then I wouldn't worry too much about a few Error Seconds.
Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply ravefromthegrave,
I have the original o2 router plus a Sky Netgear DG834GT with the latest DGTeam firmware on it so
I'll give one of these a go in place of the new O2 MKIV router they sent me and see if anything changes.
As for distance from the exchange the 2nd line tech told me on Monday that I'm 2.47 clicks from the
exchange using the line capacitance reading, SamKnows says I'm only 1.7 clicks away, this must be as the crow flies wink
I think I'm lucky, this is the best ADSL connection I have ever had even though I have had this recent problem slight_smile
Thanks again
H
Message 26 of 26