cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network outage in Bathgate/Edinburgh area, for calls???

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an o2 mobile phone, and all evening since 10pm, I have been unable to call out or send/ receive texts, 2G network...but 3G network is working for internet fine...
I checked o2 service status and it says there is no problem with servce. But earlier today there was but has been fixed.
No!!! 2G service is not fixed...I do not have a landline to make calls, so this is very frustrating as I can't call o2 cust services. And cos I am on mobile broadband, I do not have access to the support pages on the o2 website to ask for virtual help....grrrrr...
Anyone know whats going on? And when service will be back to normal?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You must have internet access to be able to post on here and to see the status page. So hang around the support or shop area and a live chat box will pop up eventually.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You understand that you can use 3G for calls and texts dont you?
If you can only use the mobile internet then you may have a problem with your handset, then I would suggest a full phone reboot (including removing the battery if possible)
Tony slight_smile
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have mobile internet (dongle), but the support pages on the o2 website are never accessable to dongle users, and also the o2 service status page doesn't work for me either as planned maintainence doesnt show (I think it is due to compression put in place by o2).
Nothiong wrong with my phone, I have a spare and tried sim in that one, and still the same problem.
ps. The 2G service was down in my area for maintanance between 10pm and 6am, but thanks for your input!
pps. I wish people would read my FULL post before answering! grin grin
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
We did read your post, you CAN access the
O2 website on Mobile Broadband and even if you couldn't (eg because your browser is 'faulty') you could still email them. So browse the shop pages until live chat pops up.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are wrong yet again...Mobile broadband users cant access the support pages or live chat on o2 website (been like that for MONTHS-o2 know about it). Dongle users only have basic access to o2 website due to compression...My browser works just fine thanks!!!! wink
ps. o2 website won't even let me send an email to get help from LUCY the virtual assistant...The joys of mobile broadband internet! ####....
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't email Lucy, its a box that pops up and you type in your question. Heaven knows what you are doing to send her an email.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't even go to the "Contact us" on the o2 website and send an email like you suggest. BECAUSE I AM A MOBILE BROADBAND USER (dongle)...
I am not an idiot, I worked for a telecommunications company for years, and offered tech help. wink
Anyway, I posted in announcements the same night I had issues with service, and Perksie gave me the correct information (service was down in my area), so thank you to him! While others just want to nit pick at my post and not answer my question!
Message 8 of 8