cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No O2 Network coverage in Banbury, Oxfordshire

Anonymous
Not applicable
Two weeks ago I found that I was unable to make or receive any calls from my mobile phone.This was very frustrating as it was the Christmas period and I would have liked to been able to use my mobile phone.As I still had not got any network coverage after two days I contacted O2 Customer services to report it. I was informed initially that there was ‘no problem’ with the network and that it must be my phone! After taking the advice of the O2 Customer Service operator I removed the SIM card, cleaned it etc etc but still had no coverage. It was then admitted that there was indeed a network problem in my area of Banbury, Oxfordshire. I was told that it would be logged & reported and that an engineer would be ‘on the case’.
Two days later I still had not got coverage so I once again contacted O2 Customer services. They informed me that the problem was being worked on but they were unable to give me any time of when the issue would be resolved. To this day I am STILL currently unable to make or receive any calls and the network issue in the Banbury area still exists and has not been resolved!!
This is very poor service from what is meant to be a leading mobile phone network company! I have contacted OFCOM regarding this issue and will pursue this through them.I have also raised a formal complaint through O2.
O2 has such very poor customer service as all they keep saying is "...its being worked on..." but can not give a time or date when the issue will be resolved! This isssue is effecting many people in the Banbury area and O2 are getting rather a bad reputation as a result.
Due to the poor network coverage and shocking customer service I am now in the process of transfering over to a more reliable network and closing my O2 account as this seems the only possible solution.I certainly can not recommend O2 and suggest that if you live in the Banbury area you should very seriously consider an alternative!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats just how i was when i was in the job and its the only real way to do the job properly. Though there are always weak links in every chain. At t mobile i once called in to change the time settings on my voicemail, so the phone rang for longer before diverting, and the agent did not have a clue what i was even asking for, never mind how to do it. Imagine her surprise when i, anonymous as a customer, politely and patiently, told her, step by step, how to generate the code i needed on her system! grin
Message 11 of 11