cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Business

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the 31st of December i went into the #### O2 store....to Purchase a new phone contract.
When i walked into the store the staff were all avoer me and very,very helpful ....I purchased a contract and picked the htc desire mobile phone...
The next day i went back to the store as i thought the staff would be helpful agin and assist me with some information on how to use a couple of applications..
The Staff completly blanked me and didnt want to know!!! One of the staff did ask if they could help but the information i ask was i complete waste of time as i didnt get a straight answer...and a new customer came in and the staff member walked away!!
I was so, annoyed i walked out of the shop....and am still unsure about how to use the phone...to its full potential..
In all the Staff were very rude......was ok when i wanted to set up a contract....but after sales was very ,very poor indeed..
So, my advice would be ..not to use the store...and perhaps not even purchase a contract from O2....and use another provider....who will treat their customers with respect...?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would you go back into a Ford dealership with a new car you just purchased and ask them how to drive it?
Message 2 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Have you tried reading the manual and learning how to use it?
It's not the responsibility of the shop to give you lessons.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 9

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Would you go back into a Ford dealership with a new car you just purchased and ask them how to drive it?

Thats the best motoring analogy I've read on these forums grin
Back to the OP. Unfortunately the day you bought a contract you are a sale on which they allocate time and money to. Once sold your profitablility to the shop is zero. Given that a new customer is a profit margin, what would you opt to do in the situation?
Blunt fact of life that all we are is a walking wallet for them I'm afraid though the staff could have redirected you to the o2 forums :robotwink:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN AS SOON AS THEY GET YOUR MONEY OF YOU THEY JUST DONT WANT TO KNOW YOU.
grin
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried reading the manual and learning how to use it?
It's not the responsibility of the shop to give you lessons.

That doesn't give an excuse for poor customer service. It's an O2 store, the OP has a contract with O2. They should have gone over all the features of the phone with him before selling it to him/her.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is the DUTY of ANY Sales Person to ensure that the product a Customer has purchased is giving that customer everything that the product is capable of. Obviously the people in that Store are not Salea Perople but just Money takers.
Myself having been a Field Sales Representative for some 30 years know that those people will never be successful. If I were o2 i would sack them
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
No we would not go back into a Ford Dealer and ask him how to Drive the Car. But I would go back if i couldn't get make certain things operate.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
i think the op has a fair point
yeah theyve made the sale and got their money and the op isnt spending any more money , but is that any reason why he shouldnt expect follow up customer services
they didnt have to spend all day with him just ten minutes running through some basics with him and making him feel a little valued rather then have him walk out of the door never wanting an o2 contract again
he has signed up for a contract with them and wanted some help regarding his phone is that such a bad thing??
customer services goes along way these days and i really dont see why a member of staff couldnt be more helpfull towards the op even suggesting a quiter time to pop back if they were busy and worried about sales
if it was my shop i wouldnt have hesitated in helping a customer that needed help with a purchased product for a short time after all isnt after sales support important to the customer
i think suggesting that its like walking into a car shop buying a car then asking them how to drive it is a bit off the mark , as the person before me said you wouldnt do that, but you would go back and ask about a feature you didnt know how to use properley ie dashboard controls and dashboad computer and youd be more then entitled to do so and the person that sells you your item should always be the 1st place off call
just the same as if you bought a pc you would go back to the store and ask for help if needed , why is a smartphone so different
after sales support is something i consider to be very important myself
if it was many other stores the op would have been treated alot better
Message 9 of 9