cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No O2 Network coverage in Banbury, Oxfordshire

Anonymous
Not applicable
Two weeks ago I found that I was unable to make or receive any calls from my mobile phone.This was very frustrating as it was the Christmas period and I would have liked to been able to use my mobile phone.As I still had not got any network coverage after two days I contacted O2 Customer services to report it. I was informed initially that there was ‘no problem’ with the network and that it must be my phone! After taking the advice of the O2 Customer Service operator I removed the SIM card, cleaned it etc etc but still had no coverage. It was then admitted that there was indeed a network problem in my area of Banbury, Oxfordshire. I was told that it would be logged & reported and that an engineer would be ‘on the case’.
Two days later I still had not got coverage so I once again contacted O2 Customer services. They informed me that the problem was being worked on but they were unable to give me any time of when the issue would be resolved. To this day I am STILL currently unable to make or receive any calls and the network issue in the Banbury area still exists and has not been resolved!!
This is very poor service from what is meant to be a leading mobile phone network company! I have contacted OFCOM regarding this issue and will pursue this through them.I have also raised a formal complaint through O2.
O2 has such very poor customer service as all they keep saying is "...its being worked on..." but can not give a time or date when the issue will be resolved! This isssue is effecting many people in the Banbury area and O2 are getting rather a bad reputation as a result.
Due to the poor network coverage and shocking customer service I am now in the process of transfering over to a more reliable network and closing my O2 account as this seems the only possible solution.I certainly can not recommend O2 and suggest that if you live in the Banbury area you should very seriously consider an alternative!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Sorry to hear that you are leaving o2 and that your network isnt currenlty working. Are you saying the whole of Banbury currenlty has no o2 network at all?
Dometimes the issues that leave you with our a network can be hard to traced and very complexed.
Sometimes things do take a little longer and while this doesnt help you, its also problamtic for the networks as well.
The networks would like for you to be working as it costs them more money where they are not.
You also advise that o2 customer service is very poor and that you are being told that its being worked on.
I dont see why you say o2 customer care is poor. They have been honest with you in advising that its been worked on. They didnt tell you that it had been fixed or that they didnt know of any problems now. They also didnt lie to you, so Im not sure what you wanted o2 customer care to say.
Ive always found o2 customer care to be one of the best in the mobile industry and always polite and helpful.
As with all mobile networks however the networks can fail and some times fail big time, but it would be in there interest to fix it quickly.
In December i was trapped in with 22" + of snow and i had a problem with my local mast. The weather affected it and yes this happens. I reported it to o2 and with in 2 weeks it was fixed (Took them 2 weeks as the road where the mast was was closed due to the weather) I was lucky enough to have another mast in the area, but i couldnt use data and mms and calls didnt always work but it was just one of those things
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is absolutely right Additional info- I also have the same problem. I also know loads of others who are not able to get an O2 signal in a large area of Banbury. Every time I contact O2 they start fobbing me off but never get the problem fixed. Also the Manager in the O2 shop in Banbury is not at all helpful either- infact he doesn’t want to know at all and is very dismissive-the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
shame on O2!!!
A lot of people are currently changing networks in Banbury and I can’t say I blame them- I’ve already done it as I won’t put up with unreliable service or be fobbed off by them or their Banbury store Manager.
Oh and by the way there’s absolutely no point using the coverage checker or putting the postcode in the O2 website as it says there is not a problem with the coverage even though they know there is - another lie by O2!!!!!
O2 what an embarrassment you are
Message 3 of 11

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Wow im shocked.
Sorry to hear that.
Nothing more i can really say, but lets hope that some people on hear that work for o2 feed this back and update asap.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that you are leaving o2 and that your network isnt currenlty working. Are you saying the whole of Banbury currenlty has no o2 network at all?
Dometimes the issues that leave you with our a network can be hard to traced and very complexed.
Sometimes things do take a little longer and while this doesnt help you, its also problamtic for the networks as well.
The networks would like for you to be working as it costs them more money where they are not.
You also advise that o2 customer service is very poor and that you are being told that its being worked on.
I dont see why you say o2 customer care is poor. They have been honest with you in advising that its been worked on. They didnt tell you that it had been fixed or that they didnt know of any problems now. They also didnt lie to you, so Im not sure what you wanted o2 customer care to say.
Ive always found o2 customer care to be one of the best in the mobile industry and always polite and helpful.
As with all mobile networks however the networks can fail and some times fail big time, but it would be in there interest to fix it quickly.
In December i was trapped in with 22" + of snow and i had a problem with my local mast. The weather affected it and yes this happens. I reported it to o2 and with in 2 weeks it was fixed (Took them 2 weeks as the road where the mast was was closed due to the weather) I was lucky enough to have another mast in the area, but i couldnt use data and mms and calls didnt always work but it was just one of those things
Oh dear darrengf,you have either had very limited experience of O2 Customer services or you are actaully part of them- in which case your comments are deemed as biased and therefore invalid!!
O2 Customer service has a very poor reputation indeed and the network coverage in a large part of Banbury is not available- just accept it man and stop making excuses!!!!
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear darrengf,you have either had very limited experience of O2 Customer services or you are actaully part of them- in which case your comments are deemed as biased and therefore invalid!!
O2 Customer service has a very poor reputation indeed and the network coverage in a large part of Banbury is not available- just accept it man and stop making excuses!!!!

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 11

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I don’t work for o2 and I’m not Biased towards o2.
In fact I update many forums and try to help people out where ever I can.
I haven’t had bad service with o2 on the customer care side not the network problems as mentioned too. In fact I’ve always found o2 very good.
I’ve also had dealings and do have dealing with all the other networks and I can honestly say that o2 are very good compared to my findings.
If o2 had poor customer care then why do they continue to win awards? The awards are voted by the customer. Also o2 is the largest customer based network and people join them more than any other (Last quarter and so on) so again they must have something that the others don’t.
Please also remember that this is an o2 customer forum and updated more or less by customers of o2 and not o2 staff so I’m only trying to help someone on hear.
If you are really so unhappy with o2 then I can only suggest you leave them whenever you can.
As I don’t live in Banbury I can’t tell if you have coverage or not. However I was going to try and find out some cell information if possible for the area, but again no one has said if it’s a particular area in Banbury.
I help people out all the time, my job and my spare time on hear and never give rubbish info out. I always try to help people out.
But I will now leave this question as it stands and I do hope that you do get it resolved.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dont worry about it darren. I thought your original post was well put and quite fair. In my own view i find a couple of things tend to show up regarding peoples complaints about " customer service".
One is that they confuse customer service with other areas, ie ( though it may not be so in this case, but just to illustrate) some people will say that cs is bad because the network is down, not realising its nothing to do with them and calling cs poor because the poor sod who takes the call doesnt have a magic wand to wave to make the problem go away.
Another i have seen ( but not in this thread i hasten to add) is the type who says cs is bad because they didnt cave in to the customers own unreasonable demands, thinking " the customer is always right" is actually consumer law, rather than a 19th century marketing slogan. An example here would be the sort of customer who declines any form of insurance, then loses their phone after 3 months of a contract, but firmly believes they are entitled to another free phone from the network simply because they have 15 months left to run and find the networks refusal to stand another £400 phone 'outrageous'.
Theres a lot of it about.
Thats not to absolve CS of blame when they DO stuff up, of course, mistakes happen every day when there are millions of accounts running, but i have found a sizeable number of the complaints posted on here in just the last two weeks to be ridiculous. The only reason i put this here was in rwply to what you wrote because i felt that starting a pro CS thread would be a step too far grin
Message 9 of 11

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Dont worry about it darren. I thought your original post was well put and quite fair. In my own view i find a couple of things tend to show up regarding peoples complaints about " customer service".
One is that they confuse customer service with other areas, ie ( though it may not be so in this case, but just to illustrate) some people will say that cs is bad because the network is down, not realising its nothing to do with them and calling cs poor because the poor sod who takes the call doesnt have a magic wand to wave to make the problem go away.
Another i have seen ( but not in this thread i hasten to add) is the type who says cs is bad because they didnt cave in to the customers own unreasonable demands, thinking " the customer is always right" is actually consumer law, rather than a 19th century marketing slogan. An example here would be the sort of customer who declines any form of insurance, then loses their phone after 3 months of a contract, but firmly believes they are entitled to another free phone from the network simply because they have 15 months left to run and find the networks refusal to stand another £400 phone 'outrageous'.
Theres a lot of it about.
Thats not to absolve CS of blame when they DO stuff up, of course, mistakes happen every day when there are millions of accounts running, but i have found a sizeable number of the complaints posted on here in just the last two weeks to be ridiculous. The only reason i put this here was in rwply to what you wrote because i felt that starting a pro CS thread would be a step too far grin

Thanks Beaufighter.
I agree, I work in a large call center on The Technical support side my self and pride my self on customer care 200%. I have won awards for this and get emails etc from customers and staff.
It isnt easy and I always put my self in the customers shoes on how they want to be treated.
Im always polite and listen to what the customer is saying, I then relay back to ensure its correct and then try to resolve the issue.
Every one always wants to blame CS which I find totally unfare. Alot of the time they have to go with whats on the machine in front of them and this is it im affraid.
I deal with Call Centers from all over the world every day and ive made some really nice friends. Its not easy when you are being shouted at etc and all you want to do is help the person at the other end.
Its also very hard when I cant see the problem on the phone, but again i always try to help.
Also on hear I give up my time and support for free. I dont work for o2 nor get support or commisions from them.
I have alot of knowledge and experince in many things, so where ever possible I try to help.
Daz

Message 10 of 11