Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next day delivery

Nickiclaire
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ordered the new Sony X on Friday at around 6pm click and collect at my local 02. Had an email saying ready to collect on Saturday (yesterday) and to wait for a confirmation email or pop instore and they'd sort one out for me. Went instore and the assistant was very helpful as was the manager who was more than happy to cancel the ordered one and give me the one in stock. They rang customer service who wouldn't allow them to do this (seemed the ideal solution). So now being a Bank Holiday weekend I have to wait till Tuesday to collect.Please if ordering from 02 take next day with a very large pinch of salt, although I cannot fault the staff at the Eastleigh store for their help and who would of given me my phone the same day.
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you've already ordered one then they would have to wait for the cancellation to be approved etc before starting your new order

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you've already ordered one then they would have to wait for the cancellation to be approved etc before starting your new order

Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Nickiclaire

How annoying for you ....your original order should be there by Tuesday. Next day delivery before a weekend or bank holiday is a bit hit and miss if honest. Make sure you ring the store before you go to collect on Tuesday though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Especially when ordering at 6pm !!!!
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Especially when ordering at 6pm !!!!

True...pushing it a bit at that time...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

They shouldn't have stated collection Saturday in the email, O2 at fault here.

Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

They shouldn't have stated collection Saturday in the email, O2 at fault here.

I didn't think the OP was at fault.....If the click and collect stated next day delivery then of course that should be what happens. I was inferring initially that we hear next day delivery/click and collect is very hit and miss....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Click and Collect Now would be the ideal solution here. You would've ordered online and collected the handset in store that evening. I'm guessing the reason that wasn't an option was because the X is a new release with limited store stock; but for most other handsets that'll be an option people can use.

Sorry to hear you're going to have to wait @Nickiclaire, hope your phone arrives promptly on Tuesday!

Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

They really should have a live ordering system then there would be less of these problems. When O2 (or anyone else) state phones are available...this should be the case....It is a more than annoying that they are willing to take your money and set up a contract when devices aren't actually in stock..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always said that a live stock system should be in place

Message 10 of 18