Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-factor authentication

jonparkes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now that O2 have implemented MFA with no warning I am unable to access my account.  The SIM is in a mobile router that I cannot access easily.

Please advise how I can opt-out of MFA, or use text to another device, or email, or an authenticator application - none of which have been offered as part of the implementation... and a range of solutions that and almost ever other provider who implemented MFA has done as part of their implementation process... would have been a good idea to think about the customer journey before implementing a new policy!!  Or revert me to paper billing and paper letter communications.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146974 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@jonparkes 

You can add another contact number in your MyO2 once you gain access.

Remove the sim and place in a phone one time to set this up or login to your routers control panel to read the text.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

jonparkes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tip, although as the router is remote and as I don't visit it often, the solution will have to wait a few months - but good to know there is a solution possible without paper 😉

Message 3 of 3