Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data issues.

MichaelS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I work in the PO12 1DS area and on a daily basis there is no mobile data connection. My phone still displays the '4G' connection symbol and calls and texts can still be made but like clockwork on a daily basis there is little to no Internet connection. This has been a problem for over 2 years now and is getting progressively worse. Initially at precisely 12pm on a daily basis the connection would go and it would remain intermittent for roughly 2 hours but recently this is worsened and now at around 10 or 11am there is no connection and it remains intermittent until around 5 or 6pm. I use my phone at work for important communications and this is becoming impossible with intermittent connection and no WiFi hot-spot in the immediate area. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38247 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Used to happen to me some years back - I found that I could get connected to Internet for downloads if I stepped the phone down to 3G in SIM settings at about 1pm. Now that was a temporary fix, but it got me out of a hole until O2 completed their upgrade some months later.

I also set up the O2 My Network app on the phone, and configured it to monitor quality of signal near my workplace and at home - it reports signal quality to O2 silently. I also got others who were using O2 in the office to install the app and configure it as well. No issues now, after O2 upgraded the 2 nearest masts over 18months ago, and a stable 5G signal to boot. I also reported issues using Twitter periodically, perhaps that also helped, @MichaelS.

However: you could find the situation persists, so do get hold of PAYG Sims for other networks and see if signal quality and speeds are any better before switching to the best provider at next contract renewal. Good luck!

PS. https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network is about the My Network app, if you wish to go down that route.

Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7802 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Typical symptoms on network congestion

A quick look at the My Network App gives us

1000009966.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3