cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Barnet and for over 2 weeks i've had no mobile phone signal. 02 say there is a

mast not working. I've had this excuse for over 2 weeks . In this age of technology 

how long should it take to repair a mast. ( 2 days, maybe a week) 02 say use To Go which does not work

if more than 50 mtrs from router and even when next to the router its intermittent. 

Iv'e no choice but to move to another phone company

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124233 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Yes I have just checked and this is showing

CaptureMast Barnet.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 124233 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

You could register for TuGo . it is known to work for many....

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

You could also register for updates about the mast status...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

I've just check it, and It's the landlord for the mast that hasnt given O2 access to go in and fix it. 😞

Message 4 of 27

jonsie
  • 93272 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You can register for updates and I do sympathise. Unfortunately there are many factors to be taken into consideration with mast repairs but they know about it and will hopefully get it sorted for you as quickly as possible.

Message 5 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in Barnet and for over 2 weeks i've had no mobile phone signal. 02 say there is a

mast not working. I've had this excuse for over 2 weeks . In this age of technology 

how long should it take to repair a mast. ( 2 days, maybe a week) 02 say use To Go which does not work

if more than 50 mtrs from router and even when next to the router its intermittent. 

Iv'e no choice but to move to another phone company

TuGo uses Wi-Fi so it will not reach that distance, 100 feet is about the limit.

You would need a Wi-Fi repeater to extend this.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 27

MI5
  • 146961 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

I've just check it, and It's the landlord for the mast that hasnt given O2 access to go in and fix it. 😞

I also find it unbelievable that O2 would have a mast on land that they have no automatic right of passage to it in case of maintenance or breakdowns - is it in the Royal Palace or sommat ??

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 124233 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

I also find it unbelievable that O2 would have a mast on land that they have no automatic right of passage to it in case of maintenance or breakdowns - is it in the Royal Palace or sommat ??

I am sure when contracts are signed to put masts on private land...right of access has to be granted? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 27

MI5
  • 146961 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
You would expect so.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I am sure when contracts are signed to put masts on private land...right of access has to be granted? Confused

I'm sure it will be, but they can be in private shops or churches etc. where sometimes you can't get instant access to the key holder.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 27