cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost/Stolen phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

My girlfriend was on a night out recently and she has either lost her phone or had it stolen at some point during the night,  she has a Samsung Galaxy S2 but doesn't have any tracking software installed on the phone.  Is there any way that we can track/trace her mobile through a laptop, I've told her to report it to the police but there wont be much they can do and from working on nightclub front doors I know the chances of getting the phone back are around 5%.

So are there any folks out there can give me some advice on how we can try and recover/track/trace the phone through the laptops??

Many Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126015 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Bambino....apologies for getting it wrong Smiley LOL (Isnt it funny though how someones forum name builds up a picture? ) Anyway, thanks for putting me right my lad.. haha

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
  • 94020 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

MI5
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I had my Galaxy S2 stolen too. Had the SIM & IMEI blocked. One concern though, can the person(s) in possession of it still view the phones files (not stored on memory card), like music, photos etc?

Yes, unfortunately they would be able to which is why it is wise to have a PIN or pattern lock screen to prevent this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 20

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Bet you aren't Italian either!:smileywink:

And you would win that bet. wink

No need for apologies Cleoriff, but if I were a she it would be Bambina wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 126015 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Bambino...absolutely true, but I look at your avatar and see a little lass with bunches...but then, looking again 'she' has got a cigar sticking out of 'her' gob!!:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had my Galaxy S2 stolen too. Had the SIM & IMEI blocked. One concern though, can the person(s) in possession of it still view the phones files (not stored on memory card), like music, photos etc?

Yes, unfortunately they would be able to which is why it is wise to have a PIN or pattern lock screen to prevent this.

Was thinking that. I had a pattern lock on the phone, so hopefully the idiot who took it doesn't have the brains to try and trace the finger movements that may be on the screen 😕

Message 16 of 20

MI5
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a pattern lock on the phone, so hopefully the idiot who took it doesn't have the brains to try and trace the finger movements that may be on the screen 😕

They rarely have the brains to get out of bed in the morning so you should be OK....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I lost my iPhone last month on a nightout as well and reported the case to o2 and to the london met police the very next morning. However I just received my o2 bill and they charged me a ridiculous amount of 130 pounds. I checked the bill to see what went wrong and apparently the person who stole my phone that night made calls to overseas numbers worth 75pounds the very same night during the time i was unaware or looking for my phone. What should I do in such a situation? Do you think o2 will give compensation since i am a student and am already paying for the contract without even having the handset i'm paying for.

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

You reported the loss the next morning so they were aware of the loss.

I assume they then despatched a new SIM card to you.

What have 02 said to you when you questioned the higher bill due to the calls made by them ?
Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 94020 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You need to report the phone stolen straight away as you are responsible for all calls made up until the time you inform O2. Have a word with customer service to see if they will waive the charges but I think it unlikely.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=15,E=0000000007862746484,K=9853,Sxi=13,T=pm...

Message 20 of 20