cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect default on my O2 account resulting of mortgage rejection.

NazoKF0609
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear all, i hope some one can help me in this difficult time.

I am opening this topic due to a default of 84 pounds payment showing on my O2 account on my credit file. This default is incorrect as the account was fully closed and completely cleared over 2 months ago. The outstanding balance on the account was incorrect as the account was closed within the 14 days cooling period. This was fully cleared in Feb 2022, yet it has not been updated on my credit file. I have contacted the O2 company multiple times in the past 1.5 months, I have spoken to the amendment team, customer service and they all confirmed several times that my account is clear and the default was an error however it has still not been updated timely on my credit file. I asked the customer service if they could provide me a letter stating that it was an error and the creditfile will be updated so I can show this as proof to my mortgage however no os willing to do that for me. The customer service advised me to email creditfilerefferals@o2.com. I send them multiple emails yet no reply. 

Yesterday my mortgage got rejected due to my low creditscore on my account due to the error default. I am devastated an I might end up losing the house I wanted to buy. I have raised a dispute via one of the credit agency Equifax, they said they are awaiting response from O2 and that can take up-to another month. I don't have that much time. It has already been almost 2 months.
Can anyone please help me with this? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Xrayd3nx
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im going through the exact same thing now. I took out a sim only over Easter and it was cancelled within the 14 day cooling period as i decided to stay on another network. I got an email of paying the full term, but as it was in the period this was incorrect. So they took the full amount then refunded it the same day. NOW I see my credit report showing, 3 missed payments, and a default completely destroying a perfect credit score. Furious isnt the word. 

Can anyone help, ive sent an email tonight with screenshots of the payments being taken and refunded. I even logged into my o2 account and theres no services. No idea why this is occuring. 

Message 11 of 13

nitram100
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem here.

Took out an 8 quid a month sim in May 2022, cancelled within 7 days on the phone and was told there would be no charge and the account was cancelled.

Just checked my credit report and there is a £92 default on there? How do I fix this? Absolutely ridiculous that some incompetent customer service rep can effectively ruin your life.

Message 12 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

You need to get in touch with o2 @nitram100, while also lodging a dispute with the credit agencies.

Don't expect this to be a quick turnaround though.

Contact details for the credit team are in the link below:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Incorrect-default-on-my-O2-account-resulting-of-m... 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 13