Did you mean: 

I'm on the Edge.. ;)

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The S6 Edge that is...

Decided to take the plunge and go back to Android after years of being happy with iOS. I'm not ashamed to say that there was no other reason other than the fact that I absolutely love the way the S6 Edge looks!

I still have my iPad for Photo Stream / Facetime duties though.. So now at least I can't be pigeonholed into being an Apple Fanboy or a Fandroid.. wink

What swayed me? I'd like to say it was a great deal direct from O2, but sadly not. O2 couldn't even come close to the deal I got from CPW and, although I'm now on a 'regular' 24 month contract (not Refresh) I got the same phone, on the same tariff, and I walked out of CPW with £87 in my back pocket after paying the O2 early upgrade fee. This as opposed to walking into an O2 store and walking out over £300 worse off after getting exactly the same deal (well, same phone and same monthly cost anyway, the only difference being the refresh tariff)..

Now it's time to see what all the hype is about slight_smile

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis wrote:
If you word it right, they may reduce the upfront cost.
Better to swallow a bit of cost, than have a customer cancel the whole sale based on storage..

That seems good advice. Swap it out Mark. Are you still within the 14 days?

I'm 2 days into it, so still have 12 days left. I'll have a chat with the store to see what the damage will be if I chopped it in for a 64gb one slight_smile

Message 31 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Someone asked for advice the other day about getting an s6 and we all said go for the 64gb
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 47

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Always best to go bigger than find you haven't enough storage..However with storage available with so many variations online it isn't the end of the world.

Message 33 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was advised on here to go for the 64gb and I'm glad I did. I'm nowhere mere filling it but it's got to last me 2 years (CPW contract not Refresh) and I know a lot can change. I actually thought about her 128gb but couldn't afford it.
Message 34 of 47

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

I didn't just get 128GB for the fun of it....

Screenshot_2015-08-13-18-42-38.png

Message 35 of 47

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Ok. There were various reasons why I went for the 32gb option at the time. Not least of which being the fact that the 64gb was an extra £99.99 on the same tariff, or £59.99 on a more expensive tariff.

I got some money back for trading in my iPhone, but that was already earmarked for something else, so I couldn't have put it towards the 64gb.

I'm not a complete novice. I also subscribe to the "bigger is better" theory when it comes to storage. Had I been able to afford it AT THE TIME, then I would have got the 64gb one. I went with what I could afford, and what my monthly budget could stretch to.

I'm now going to see if a) I can exchange the phone for a 64gb one and b) if I can find the £60/£100 from somewhere to be able to do so.

Thanks
Message 36 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 123116 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Mark_1980

Best of luck with it.....Do you want me to start a collection? (only joking ) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 47

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Mark_1980 wrote:
Ok. There were various reasons why I went for the 32gb option at the time. Not least of which being the fact that the 64gb was an extra £99.99 on the same tariff, or £59.99 on a more expensive tariff.

I got some money back for trading in my iPhone, but that was already earmarked for something else, so I couldn't have put it towards the 64gb.

I'm not a complete novice. I also subscribe to the "bigger is better" theory when it comes to storage. Had I been able to afford it AT THE TIME, then I would have got the 64gb one. I went with what I could afford, and what my monthly budget could stretch to.

I'm now going to see if a) I can exchange the phone for a 64gb one and b) if I can find the £60/£100 from somewhere to be able to do so.

Thanks

Perfectly valid reason and no need to justify the decision at the time. Hope you can get the 64gb sorted out slight_smile

Message 38 of 47

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

What takes up most of the space for you @viridis out of interest? No need to share if you dont want to of course slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 39 of 47

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
CPW exchanged my phone for a 64gb. Happy days slight_smile
Message 40 of 47