cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How when a bar has been put on a phone and for the last month phone has been in a draw your charged

Anonymous
Not applicable

My son run up a Google play bill so I took phone of him, a bar was placed on phone, again he set up another Gmail, and Google have refunded their part. I still took the phone off my son and since mid December it was in my bedside drawer, checking bill for this month, £15 premium charges added to account when I know my son had never touched the phone< plus there is supposed to be a bar on that number???

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It may well be that charges for the previous month were not received by O2 for that billing period and would then be added to the following month. I suspect this is what happened. Just because a number is blocked or barred, it won't stop charges or subscriptions being charged to the phone that have been agreed by the user. I would recommend a change of number as well as the bar being placed on the account.

eg. if your son had accidentally taken out a subscription where a premium text is received every month, the account will still be charged even though the phone cannot physically receive the text.

Call customer service for further clarification as to what these specific charges are for or check in My O2.

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It may well be that charges for the previous month were not received by O2 for that billing period and would then be added to the following month. I suspect this is what happened. Just because a number is blocked or barred, it won't stop charges or subscriptions being charged to the phone that have been agreed by the user. I would recommend a change of number as well as the bar being placed on the account.

eg. if your son had accidentally taken out a subscription where a premium text is received every month, the account will still be charged even though the phone cannot physically receive the text.

Call customer service for further clarification as to what these specific charges are for or check in My O2.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
See help here regarding premium rate charges https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It does look as if your son has signed up for some premium rate service. if this is the case he will be charged monthly for this. Best thing is to identify the service via the number and get the service stopped following the advice given in the link above.

Entirely up to you ...but it does sound as if your lad may be better with a payg phone. So if he ran out of credit then....that would be it

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4