cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to help others

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the great aspects of this community is so many members are helping out. In case you want to do something back, here are our 4 most important tips for helping out as well:

1. Find out where you can help

2013-01-14_1136.pngNo matter what your level of expertise, your help is welcome anywhere. Especially because most threads are usually troubleshooting threads, any thread can benifit from your input, so feel free to go for it.

You can find out where to help by browsing specifc boards, such as Home Broadband and Pay Monthly or by having a look at unread posts and unanswered threads. You can find both of these links under your "Quick Links".

Alternatively, you can always have a look at the latest threads or posts by going to the bottom of the main page. 

2. Catch up with threads you are involved in

2013-01-14_1138.pngSometimes you may be involved in a discussion or on a thread that requires troubleshooting (e.g. Helping a member with their data speeds)  

To the right, you can see the 'Topic options' available on each thread. If you click 'Subscribe' you will receive an email notification every time there is activity on the thread, enabling you to keep up to date and post any replies that you want to.

3. Show your support

2013-01-14_1140.pngThe community is a happy and supportive place and this is down to the great work from all of you. If you need more info to help a member, make them feel welcome and ask them to elaborate. If you see some good advice from another member, give it a kudos and lend your support.

It is always nice to receive gratitude and it also adds confidence in the helpfulness of a post

4. Encourage members to accept posts as solution 

2013-01-14_1148.pngIf you see a post on a thread that appears to solve the issue of the member-in-need, encourage them to accept the helpful post as the 'Solution' as this helps everyone to know  that no more help is needed.

If you are the one to start a thread, don't forget to accept the most helpful post as solution yourself slight_smile

If you have any other tips, it'd be great if you could share them with everyone else here. I'd love to hear them. 

Cheers!

Leonard

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice guide for new users & very helpful

Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Very good that and I like the change to the Community home page too, should make it easier for new members.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Very good that and I like the change to the Community home page too, should make it easier for new members.:smileyhappy:

"Search" for answers should be in bold though wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers guys. With regards to highlighting search, we're currently discussing the following redesign (sorry for the horrible MS Paint skills): http://oi46.tinypic.com/2mfisuo.jpg

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions