cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact O2 if not already a customer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to ask O2 about legal signal boosters that I can install in a property with a very poor signal from the nearest mast (which is O2).

However I can't seem to find any way to contact O2 without already having an account number or a phone number with them. Even live chat won't let me in unless I give them an O2 phone number.

The whole point is I don't yet have a number with O2 as the property doesn't have a phone line and organisation that owns the property isn't yet with O2.

Anyone know how to do it?

Or are they delibererately stopping new customers joining them?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

After some digging etc

look up Huawei B315 it is a 4g router  (also 2g and 3g) that has an external Telephone socket for connecting a normal phone you need to insert a voice and data sim . (But may breach o2 T&C for voice and data sims) and 2 external antenna sockets sma to connect to an external mimo antenna wide band i.e. 2g 3g 4g pointing at the o2 mast

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 19 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous  Contact numbers can be found here: http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. As far as I'm aware, O2 does not allow signal boosters for personal customers. What O2 does provide is a service called TuGo, which lets you use your allowance over a WiFi connection. http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

Edit: Alternatively, you can call into an O2 store if you have one nearby and enquire there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 20

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The join us numbers in the the contact us link.

What boosters have you been told are legal as only ones that are supplied by the networks and connected to your broadband are legal . (o2 Boostbox) http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/business/boostbox-terms

P.s. ofcom advise https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/coverage/mobile-repeaterso2 join.PNG

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Also found some freefone alternative numbers for sales, but not certain if any work: 0800 0890217, 0800 064 3535, 0800 0890291 & 0800 0891520

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

But the page also says

'We'll ask you for your account password before you speak to us. And if you don't have one yet, or can't remember your answer, we'll help you set it up.'

I don't want to set up an account yet, just find out some information.

The other numbers on http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus need me to choose between pay monthly/PAYG/Business etc. but until I speak to O2 I don't know which of these I need either.

As to which boosters I have been told are legal, that's exactly what I want to find out.

I know only those supplied by the networks are legal and I'm trying to find out how to get one. It's not for my personal use at home, its for a building my association owns. If I can get a booster installed there then they will have to sign up to O2. If not then it looks like a satelite phone as there is no other way to get a phone line or mobile signal in that location.

I guess I'll just pick a number and get them to transfer me if its not the right dept.

Message 5 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions
None of the boosters off eBay, amazon etc are legal.
It's an o2 supplies boost box for business customers or Tugo for other contract users only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino

" Alternatively, you can call into an O2 store if you have one nearby and enquire there."

My local O2 store is a joke. All they want to do is sell me a mobile phone. Anything remotely technical and they say I should ring O2 directly. Which brings me back to this post.

Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ MI5
Tugo is only for one person I think. There could be around 600 different people wanting to use the phone line I am trying to set up (only one at a time though probably). I'm just trying to emulate a fixed line phone in an area where I cant get a fixed line installed and the mobile signal is very weak.

Message 8 of 20

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous

All the info is posted above .

As Only Business customers can get the boost box the freephone number in my grab is what you need

Apple Watch series 4

Message 9 of 20

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@O2_frustration wrote:
@ MI5
Tugo is only for one person I think. There could be around 600 different people wanting to use the phone line I am trying to set up (only one at a time though probably). I'm just trying to emulate a fixed line phone in an area where I cant get a fixed line installed.

If no fixed line then boostbox will not work unless you have another adsl alternative

Apple Watch series 4

Message 10 of 20