cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have full signal but can't send/receive texts/calls??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, is there anyone able to help me? I have a Blackberry Curve which I have had for several months and never had any problems with. However for 3 days now whenever I come into my office for some reason I am unable to send/receive text messages or make/receive calls HOWEVER I have full signal and CAN send/receive emails, go onto the internet and also use my Blackberry PIN Messenger service? As soon as I walk up the road a little at lunch times or when I finish work my phone starts working again? There is an o2 shop up the road which I will go to today at lunch but obviously when I get up there the phone will start working?

Anyone experiencing similar problems? I work in Aldgate, E1 and it seems it happens whenever I get here, but I have full signal??

xx
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you explain what you mean by unable to make calls/texts?

Do you mean that you can dial a number, but some error occurs? If so what is the error.

Or Do you mean you can't even dial the number/compose the text? If so does the phone show a message about this, and what is it (eg Emergency Calls only)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Well, I can compose a text message and click on send but it will stay in my SMS folder and try to send this a few times but will be unable to so will just sit in my folder with a red cross next to it. As for calls, if I dial out it will be as if it's trying to connect but will then come up with ''Call Failed'' and make a beeping noise.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, it's not fixed itself..... it has started doing it all over again and this is with a new SIM card??
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Assuming that the phone is set-up correctly (eg, you haven't got it set to wi-fi only at work) then I can only think of two possibilities. Either the phone is faulty or there is a localised problem with the network.

If you can try your SIM in another handset (someone else at work may have an O2 phone), and it works then the issue is not the network. So the issue lies with the handset.
Message 5 of 5