Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Has anybody else been contacted by CS regarding the Note7 who has pre-ordered the phone but not received it yet? I just had, what I consider to be, the strangest conversation I've ever had with CS.

She was clearly reading from a script as she stumbled over the words. Basically what she was trying to tell me was that Samsung had stopped sending out the Note7s until they had checked and corrected the problem of them catching fire during or after charging.

That's no where near what she actually said but I translated what she did say to the above.

I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression Samsung had sorted out the problem with the Note7, were sending out replacement phones to those who had received the Note7 and once all replacement phones were dealt with, they would start supplying phones to those of us who pre-ordered the phone but had not received it.

Whilst I appreciate CS contacting me about my pre-order - I know that my order is still in the system - it doesn't help when the info provided is contrary to what has gone before.

Oh and she did ask if I would like another phone or wait for the Note7. I said I would wait as I didn't want any other phone.

It could be CS are trying to push another phone (the iphone 7?!) on to me or they have been told to contact us to keep us in the loop. But I am concerned about the info I received as it is more or less opposite what Samsung said in their last statement. Or have I missed something?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Cleoriff you have added to the points made by @MI5 and myself and, as a nurse, can I say certainly better than I.

However, it is clear to me that whatever any of us say @Anonymous is going to go his/her own way.

Only hope @Anonymous is proven right in their conviction for their sake. I would take no pleasure in being proven right.

Have a good night @Cleoriff - or should I say a good morning 😊

Message 41 of 58

Paul112
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
o2 had swapped my device on the 13th, I called on the 12th to ask what was happening and they had arranged a door swap the next day, I've just read today is the offical recall date for the UK how can I find out of my Note7 is a safe one?
Message 42 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hi @Paul112.

I believe the safe replacement Note7s have a small "s" against the IMEI number on the Note7 box. If your Note7 box is so marked then it is safe to use.

In any event I would have thought o2 would not have replaced your potentially unsafe device with another unsafe one.

Message 43 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have over the weekend and today been tring to get some sor of sense out of both O2 & Samsung, and to be honest without much joy.. It appears that nobody seems to have any idea as to what is happening.

I have today contacted my local store who has informed me that replacement handsets will start to be exchanged from approx 21st October for O2 customers.

After being given that information I am cancelling my contract and finding a different handset.

Am not paying for a handset that I cannot use for 2 months.

Message 44 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Paul112 wrote:
I've just read today is the offical recall date for the UK how can I find out of my Note7 is a safe one?

You can check your IMEI on Sammy website http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous as o2 have already started replacing Note7s I think the info you had from the o2 store is completely ridiculous.

I am not sure,from what has already been said here that customer services are totally clued up either but I am guessing you should receive your replacement before 21st October.

However, its up to you whether you are prepared to wait.

I'm waiting to receive a Note7 I pre-ordered 19th August. So Lord knows when I will receive mine as all the replacements have to be completed first.

Message 46 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Hope you'll hear something soon @Glory1
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So do I @MI5. But I am patient and I really want the Note7.

No point ringing CS as they are inundated with the replacements. I hope Samsung don't forget the UK and speed up the replacement process. The sooner that's done the sooner I get my phone ☺

Message 48 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to assistant manager at local store yesterday afternoon and was yet again told it could be 21st October.

Message 49 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @Anonymous what can I say. Some have already written here that they received their replacement phones. And there could be many more who are not part of the Community. It could well be your local store is giving the date of 21st October as the date they expect to receive new stock. To be honest, I'm just waiting to hear more from o2 and/or Samsung on what is actually happening re the UK. Not really interested in the US or China which is all we know for sure.

CS, Live Chat and o2 stores are all giving out conflicting information. Confused you will be 😯

Message 50 of 58