cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FaceTime won't work?

Anonymous
Not applicable
FaceTime won't work? I have done it in my house with the wife and it's fine. When I do it from work which is 23 miles away and it just won't work?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
This may sound simple, but I presume you are connected to the WiFi network at your work?
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes im on wifi at work work. I get the call it says connecting then just switches off?
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then problem with the wi-fi at work? Maybe firewall issues? Possibly other hardware stopping traffic from passing through your work's systems...
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are no firewall issues to my knowlage? ill have to try it somewere else and see if i get the same results.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You see, if Apple had been like everyone else and made Facetime work over 3G instead of WiFi only, then these problems wouldn't happen!
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could be a ports issue.

Depending on your routers security settings, some of the required ports may not be open.

I manually allowed ports 4080 and 5223 and now it workd just fine. If your workplace need loads of security, you may never get it working as I guess there is a security risk by opening these ports?

Cheers

Chris
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
sometimes it may happens!!!!!
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still think it's a firewall issue (i.e. ports), as it works at home but not in the office. If BOTH had problems, I can understand, but only 1 location (work, which will have more security etc...) has a problem.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still think it's a firewall issue (i.e. ports), as it works at home but not in the office. If BOTH had problems, I can understand, but only 1 location (work, which will have more security etc...) has a problem.

I think the workplace end is working as designed.

At home there are no ports issues as both iPhones are on the same network, after all. There would need to be ports open both on the home firewall and the work one, and the chances of getting the work one opened are probably not high!

Tim
Message 10 of 11