Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone wouldn't work in Germany

ATRR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just come back from Germany (Lower saxony) and whilst I had coverage, both in rural and city areas I couldnt get the phone to work, it had continual E! no data etc. This was despite switching off and on, airplane mode off and on etc. I had to use my wife's phone. This was annoying as I have international 30 country coverage JUST for travel. I got coverage in the USA earlier this year but the goons who sorted my contract out at O2 put me on android and not apple (there is a difference as far as the network operators are concerned), so the phone worked but I was charged extra!! 

They have refunded the extra charges I incurred from the USA but wont refund the vodaphone extra charge my wife will be charged. SO! Beware and make sure O2 have the correct phone if you're on the international bolt on and take the numbers to call to get issues sorted if, as in my case, your phone wont work on anything other then E, SO you can get help. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@ATRR The thing to bear in mind regarding Germany is there is no 3G. This means if you are in a place that cannot receive or has poor 5G /4G the phone will drop to 2G (usually E for edge) and data will not be usable.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

@ATRR The thing to bear in mind regarding Germany is there is no 3G. This means if you are in a place that cannot receive or has poor 5G /4G the phone will drop to 2G (usually E for edge) and data will not be usable.

The problem is O2 reliability connecting to networks across Europe is just not there.

Users shouldn't have to download maps beforehand to use them, especially if they need voice instructions.

I know a lot of longterm O2 forum users keep saying everything is wonderful, but that's simply largely not the experience most O2 users are having, as the complaints on here are endless about connecting in Europe, never mind the ridiculous 500Kbps speed cap (that's just HALF a megabit!) on all Travel & Travel Inc. Zone bolt-ons that makes the service almost completely unusable and not fit for purpose. 

Message 3 of 3