cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchanging handset within the 14 day period

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, just upgraded my phone via fast track at the O2 shop and after a day I decided that I did not like it, so returned it to the shop to exchange it under the 14 day exchange policy and the manager said it is not possible.

It clearly says on the O2 website under terms and conditions that you can, what is going on?

I will go to court if need be, clearly a lie on there behalf.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
The word "manager" is seriously diluted these days.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take it to another O2 store tongue
Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Take it to another O2 store tongue

A possible good workaround if another one is local. 

Message 13 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

I understand your frustration and you are right. Under the o2 refresh terms and conditions you are allowed one swap if it's under 14 days. All they have to do is an imei check, check the condition of the phone, if it came with accessories they need to be all there with the original packaging and they will check to see if u had a previous swap.

Now if the store manager doesn't seem to be trained on it, you can and should ask to speak to the area manager or you can ring customer services that will clarify any issues. Hope this helps.

Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the phone exchanged today.

I went to a different store and the staff there were very knowledgable and helpful and sorted the exchange with out any problems.

Big shout to the guys at the O2 store at the Fort in Manchester, great service, thanks....

Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
A reasonable end result which you should have got at the shop you went to originally.
Message 16 of 33

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 17 of 33

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Good to hear you found someone who knew what they were doing slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

And I hope the so called manager at the last store gets his P45...(My meditator status just allowed me that one shot) tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

And I hope the so called manager at the last store gets his P45...(My meditator status just allowed me that one shot) tongue

We are all human and make mistakes. 

Suggesting a P45 is a little harsh. 😔

Some re training Yes. 😉

Message 20 of 33