cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDGE and the rest

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well sorry for asking a stupid one, but does it cost to use the EDGE or GPRS connection when wi-fi is not available, casue i can get both where possible and my e-mails download etc WOW but wondering does this cost me when not using my wi-fi at home etc

thanks
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Speed Test is a good site

http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1

This can be used on any Mobile phone with a Internet connection.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
ta mate.

get an error, ' your phone doesnt fully support javascript, we cannot test your speed'

😞

been on java to find out if this is something i can fix myself but get this
Java capability for mobile devices is integrated by the device manufacturers. You need to check with your device manufacturer about availability of this technology in your device.
KVM, the virtual machine for mobile devices, is the counterpart of JVM (Java virtual machine). It is used to run applets and applications written with Java technology on mobile devices. KVM must be installed by the manufacturer. It is NOT available for download or installation by consumers.

anyone know a way around it?
Message 12 of 14

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
ta mate.
get an error, ' your phone doesnt fully support javascript, we cannot test your speed'
😞
been on java to find out if this is something i can fix myself but get this
Java capability for mobile devices is integrated by the device manufacturers. You need to check with your device manufacturer about availability of this technology in your device.
KVM, the virtual machine for mobile devices, is the counterpart of JVM (Java virtual machine). It is used to run applets and applications written with Java technology on mobile devices. KVM must be installed by the manufacturer. It is NOT available for download or installation by consumers.

anyone know a way around it?

I would be very shocked if Java doesnt work on the X1.

However it shouldnt need any java to work, it works via wap.

Try connecting that way if you can
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am connected over wap.
the only thing i can think is i installed the homebrew firmware from XDA developers. might have to flash back to the stock firmware and see if java has been tinkered with on the homebrew version.
Message 14 of 14