cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo Update on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Please advise when the Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) release will be available for 02 customers
Thanks in anticapation
Message 1 of 164
163 REPLIES 163

Anonymous
Not applicable
ive phoned up customer services this morning and explained the problem about not being able to download anything, he explained that i may have to live with it till dec (when the 2.2 is coming out) and i said that it wasnt good enough and they are leaving me with an unusable phone. he came back after a few mins and just offered me a different phone. Great service!!
Just make sure that you explain the problem correctly, that Android have updated their market place and it stops v1.6 from downloading anything from it.
O2, you have made a disgruntled customer very happy, well done grin
Message 11 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting annoyed still on 1.6 too cant wait for the update, but can still download from market must have just had a faulty phone.
Message 12 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope definately havent got a faulty phone as it has happened on two different devices of mine, plus customer services wouldnt have given me a different handset if there wasnt a problem slight_smile
Message 13 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the point of having a official forum users when the parent company just ignores it i.e Please advise when the Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) release will be available for those 02 customers who were first to show their faith in the product
I have this morning instructed the HR dept of my small company to discard any applicants applying for the "Customer relations" job that will be advertised next Thursday, any CV which refers to any candidate having spent any time working for O2 (or Dell)
Message 14 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
According to this link, around late December Froyo should be available on locked carrier handsets
http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs ... -work.aspx
Message 15 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've contacted O2 four times today and had a different response on each occasion. No-one seems to know what's happening with the update.
Message 16 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL! nobody at o2 knows or cares i think... i was told mid Nov... then early Dec and now its late Dec?! after around 2 weeks of arguments i got a really nice person in Customer Services who offered me a differnt handset which i took with both hands slight_smile
Message 17 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys, the market not updating error can be fixed by uninstalling the latest update for the market application. Do as you would normally do to uninstall an app, just do this for the "Market" application and it uninstalls the update that screwed us all up :robotwink:
I agree it's ridiculous that there was no offical roll-out of a solution since this did kill EVERYONES phone but a quick google got me the above fix. On another note, I'm still on the 1.6 build and it's running ok for me...though I do desperately want the 2.2 build so I can get some real multi-touch and flash!! Didn't want the 2.1 because I didn't like the new look and the only gain for me was multi-touch so I thought I'd skip straight through to 2.2. Any questions about the fix just let me know, goodluck!
Message 18 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
it does uninstall for a bit but then re installs...
Message 19 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL! nobody at o2 knows or cares i think... i was told mid Nov... then early Dec and now its late Dec?! after around 2 weeks of arguments i got a really nice person in Customer Services who offered me a differnt handset which i took with both hands slight_smile

How did you get a replacement offered? Who did you ring?! Mine has many problems: Auto restarting, the LCD cracked, internet sometimes doesn't work, sometimes it won't charge, sometimes it won't restart! So if I could get offered a replacement, I'd take it hands down! Please help me here, thanks!
ryan slight_smile
Message 20 of 164