cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Streak 2.2 Froyo Update on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Please advise when the Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) release will be available for 02 customers
Thanks in anticapation
Message 1 of 164
163 REPLIES 163

Anonymous
Not applicable
that just sounds like a faulty handset... what they will do with that is send it away to get "fixed" and if they cant they will send u out a new one... to change the handset i argued that because android has done a silent update on the marketplace v1.6 isnt able to download anything... so i explained i believed this phone to not be as advertised and not fit for purpose... they took a little bit of persuading and i refused to take another Streak cos it wasnt fit for purpose, so they offered me a different handset (by "they" i mean Customer services)
depends if you get someone on a good day or not 2bf...
Message 21 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
AT THIS POINT the update is due BEFORE the end of this month.
Customer Service Advisors are not being unhelpful or uncaring. They simply don't have the information available for the reason that updates like these can change significantly due to numerous factors. If a specific date was given, and the date had to change, then this has a much more detrimental impact on a customers experience than being cautious.
Message 22 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
When the market re-installed the update (all by itself without asking me I might add!!) it all worked fine the second time round. I assumed they must have worked out a fix for the market update and when it re-installed itself I got the new, working, version slight_smile
Message 23 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, i know what you mean, but this phone is a replacement for my first streak that broke too 😞 I'm tired of the phone.
Message 24 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
all you have to say is that the market still doesnt work...
they may say the 2.2 is going to be released this month but when i asked it was going to be released Nov15... and then it was late Nov.. then it was early Dec and the last i heard from them it was going to be mid Dec.
O2 dont really know and i would much prefere them to just say so (like the shop did) and not have the BS delivered to me through Customer Services. I suggest you either say you dont know or O2 should tell their employees on the status of the update
Message 25 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
What we need from O2 is the facts, what is the wait? Is it related to O2 inserting their branding all over the phone? Do we all really need the O2 Splash screen.
Rememeber the 2.1 (pre-rooted update) all the hassle people have had with 1.6 and 2.1. We deserve better, many of us are suffering with a device that is very buggy (sometimes the ear speaker works, sometimes, nah) Locks up etc, O2 set Strak users free and get the 2.2 OTA sorted now!
Message 26 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 set Strak users free and get the 2.2 OTA sorted now!

Dell themselfs on thier own website have confirmed that they will be rolling out the 2.2 update for branded devices sometime in Decemember.
Message 27 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys,
While doing some digging into when the 2.2 update will be available for us O2 users, I came across this web page on my Dell Streak: http://mobileupdate.dell.com/streak/str ... nload.html. From the looks of it, it seems we can download the update manually? Don't know if anyone else can clarify but it looks legit! :robotindifferent:
Message 28 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
My bad. Seems the Download and Install link has been disabled. 😞
Message 29 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update announcement
We are working with Dell to bring an O2 variant of Android 2.2 (FroYo) version to the Streak, but we are keen to be 100% sure that the software is stable and that the update process itself is as smooth and robust as it can be.
Key enhancements for this release will be:
Faster System Operations: Switch faster between apps, better browsing, improved better memory management,
Native Exchange Email Support
Native Multi-Touch Support: now supports gestures such “pinch-to-zoom”, in a broader range of applications, including Google Maps.
Updated Phone Dialler User Interface: Improved look and functionality
Support for Live Wallpaper
App Storage on Expandable Memory: User can choose where they store your downloaded apps currently available.
Pre-loaded Swype Keyboard App
O2 is targeting mid-December for this to be available to customers and we will give more accurate release date updates closer to the time.
Message 30 of 164