Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Pin Code - Utter Shambles

DB94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why does customer service get away with sending a delivery PIN code to the phone I lost last week abroad knowing I have just bought a new contract and sim! Wasted yesterday and today trying to get a delivery PIN code sent to my email address associated with the account and no one has got a clue. Countless phone calls waste of time! Been with O2 for over 10 years and ready for sacking it. Utter joke! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

They now do the same for Access to MyO2 

A lot of people Access it because they have lost their phone or it isn't working etc

"Shambles" is a polite word.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@DB94 

All we know here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introduction-of-DPD-PIN-Code-for-O2-Deliveries/m-p/161902...

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

I thought the last update was that the delivery pin system had been stopped due to some issues @Dave-O2 ?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introduction-of-DPD-PIN-Code-for-O2-Deliveries/m-p/172429... 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 16

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

This is something I'm currently getting checked out and when I have an update to share I'll be back in touch 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 5 of 16

gmarkj
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

No problem @Dave-O2 , although I am a little shocked it is going to take longer than a week to confirm if the delivery PIN system is off or not...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 6 of 16

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hey @gmarkj 

I can confirm that this has been reintroduced and I'll follow up with some more information next week 👍

Message 7 of 16

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hey @gmarkj 

Just following up with some more detail, this PIN code will help reduce fraud and additional contacts into service channels.

This PIN will be requested for DHL and DPD deliveries.

It's important that when placing an order customers/members check that their contact number is logged correctly, as this is where the PIN will be sent 👍

Message 8 of 16

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Not to mention the major problems with codes to get into MyO2. Must be dozens of posts a day about this where we have to tell customers to phone O2.

I guess customer services just wanted the extra business.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 16

gmarkj
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

It sounds like a great idea @Dave-O2 , but how many threads have been created recently where the customer has a driver at the door and no PIN to give them?

Message 10 of 16