cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default In Error by o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I took out a contact in may this year for a galaxy s6, I didn't get on with the handset and returned it 5 Days later.

They then disconnected my line and my balance was left at £0.

I wanted to take out a loan for a new house developments and got declined, I believed had a flawless credit history.

I got an experian credit report to find that o2 have defaulted my account since may till current.

I am very disappointed to find that this has been done without my knowing, after not even being with them a week.

Also when I originally got the contract and wished to get a refund on the amount paid for the handset, after being told 3days, 5 Days, 7 Days, Next Bill, it took 2 months to get the money back. And each call i was told something different.....

I will be calling o2 today to see what they have to say!

I have read that this is not the only instance that this has happened on peoples credit reports. 

Keep a watchful eye of this bunch. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126008 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Thats awful @Anonymous....a major error and none of it your fault. I would complain

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 149437 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28497 Solutions
Sadly all too common as you say.
Hope you get it sorted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I think its terrible. I know that this is probably now going to take months to rectify....
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right I have spoken to o2.

From what they have advised that when taking out a Refresh phone there are two account numbers associated one for o2 airtime and the other for finance agreement.

They closed one account but failed to close the second.

Another thing that shows how useless they are is that apparently they attempted to refunded me 7 times. 

4 times via BACS

2 times via Credit Card

1 time via bank.

I advised them and confirmed that only the deposit in full was refunded and no other refunds had since been processed.

They then had my account as showing in a balance of -£25.80 for no reason.

They have now cleared this amount from the account and have advised to get the equalifax and experian credit profile updated i will have to contact the following email Creditfilereferrals@o2.com.

It can take upto 6 months for it to be removed and on average no longer than 3 months.

So in the end they have left me in a poor situation due to their error's, It goes to show if I had never applied to this loan and checked my credit report this could have been on their years without knowing.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 149437 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28497 Solutions
Worrying isn't it !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 94013 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Another complete mess made of someones credit file through sheer incompetence and no fault on the part of the customer. Yes it can take months to sort out thanks to irresponsible actions by uncaring staff.

In the meantime put a note of correction on your credit file explaining that there is no default and an explanation.

Message 7 of 11

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Again, trashing some poor persons credit file for no reason at all?

If this was me, I'd be seeking damages (if that's possible) of some sort. It's unacceptable and IMO is happening way too often.

Please make an official complaint as unless folk make a noise about this sort of thing happening, it'll just continue relentlessly.

Sorry that this happened to u, hope it's all corrected asap.
Message 8 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear that this has happened. I'm Toby, the community manager.

Let us know how you get on when emailing the referrals team. If you run into trouble, send me a private message and I shall do what I can do help the process along.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all, I have now submitted the email.

Lets hope they can get somthing wright this time.

If it takes many more months to action it,  by then my credit report will be devistated. 

Fingers crossed.

Regards Thomas

Message 10 of 11