cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossed phone call crossed wires call interfering

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, yesterday my partner was trying to ring me but my phone was in my van outside a customers house as I was inside. My phone call log show's that all her calls to me were missed and not answered but her phone log shows all the same calls at the exact same times were answered. Now the interesting part is when the calls were answered she was greeted by a female voice saying hello hello but they couldn't hear each other. My phone was in the van 6ft away from the house and was not answered by anybody and as I said my call log shows the calls were missed and not recieved!

I have read previous instances of this happening and it seems to be related to areas in which you are at the time, I was in county Fermanagh Northern Ireland.

Can anybody help with this as it is worrying for security reasons but most of all I jut need to prove to my partner that nobody answered my phone!!!

Ps she also said she could hear me talking in the back ground to my customer. Is it possible that the call went to his wife's phone in some weird way and she answerd it? That is all I can think to say how he could hear me aswel...

Many thanks
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

At this point I would just like to get some clarification that it does still happen and secondly how it happens...

There is no explanation I have heard for this, it's usually assumed to be a glltch or bug in the system.

It's unlikely it will ever happen to you again.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Is there any chance that you didn't disconnect your call from the last time you spoke to your partner? So when she rings you again she is still connected from the last call?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I would add a similar thing happened to me and my husband. This time his phone was in his pocket and he inadvertently dialled home. I could hear him chatting away to a client at work....He could not hear me yelling at him to disconnect...LOL

Actually it isn't the same as your mystery. ....but it reminded me of it:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have heard of this happening before but explaining it to your partner is a different issue altogether. The fact that the calls were showing as missed will help...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/9869801/O2-security-warning-over-crossed-lines.h...

Old story but shows it can happen.

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks but no I hadn't spoke to her in hours
Message 5 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
My wife had those problems in 2013,
She could hear them but they couldn't hear her. One conversation involved her trying to call me, and she joined halfway into a conversation about some woman taking back a pair of shoes but she couldn't find the receipt.
Very odd.
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes what is strange is the women's voice she heard was English and we live in Ireland but the people I was working for were English. I need to know if it is possible to cross the phone call with the customers phone.
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Who was probably within 10ft of my phone but my phone was locked in a van outside
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
A crossed line can occur anywhere. It doesn't necessarily mean the phones have to be close together.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I just wonder how
Likely it is! My phone shows all her calls as missed you see, I never answered it it was locked in the van outside...that's what is confusing me. I read about voicemail doing funny things and I do have a voicemail of my gf saying hello hello on the vmail but no sound of the other ladies voice. Crazy stuff...
Message 10 of 18