Currently 1 login for 2 numbers - need to split into 2 separate logins

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Issue: 

- 2 O2 numbers. 

Both numbers are currently on sim-only rolling contracts. 

- 1 MyO2 login for both. 

All the 'My Details' are obviously completely mashed-up currently, so the 'ac name' shows Name1, while 'DOB' is Name2's, etc! 

- Trying to split logins, but cannot find a way to do this. 

O2 don't care we are 2 separate individuals, in 2 separate families, and should have a legal right to privacy from knowing each others private billing/call info under GDPR regs! 

--------------- 

I have seen the below thread & answer, but that was from TWO YEARS ago, so surely O2 have fixed the GDPR compliance by now so we don't have to spend hours manually doing this ourselves.... or is this unbelievably still correct as the only way to do this? 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Trying-to-move-a-number-on-my-account-to-a-separate-accoun...

If so, what is the best way to go about doing this? 

(be as exact as possible, as I'm sure O2 will manage to screw it up otherwise!) 

Note: I complained to email address complaintrevueservice@o2.com about this, but after another FOUR WEEKS waiting(!), I've received absolutely no response. Needlessly abysmal service, as usual. 

They're so-called "Customer Complaints Code" lists the above email address, says they'll "send you an acknowledgement", and 28-days timeframe for response. None of this happened. 🙄

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Oh gawd, really?! So O2 customers have to do all that just to separate our logins from each other? 

What happens if both numbers are currently on a good deals on rolling-contracts... we have to give those up, just to split logins! 

I cannot believe that O2 made a system to join logins, but completely failed to realise these are almost certainly going to need to be unjoined again at a later date when people's circumstances change, for extremely obvious life events... children growing-up and wanting their own logins, couples splitting-up and wanting their own logins. 

In no way whatsoever did such a concept come into O2's tiny little minds. 😠

Message 11 of 16

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

FWIW, for others in similar situation with O2... 

I've taken this to the Communications Ombudsman online rapid complaints service, as this is unacceptable behaviour from a major company in how they handle my personal data not following basic precepts of GDPR regs. Having my login and another person's login on my account and refusing to correct this is utterly unacceptable behaviour. 

So far it looks like O2 are going to offer compensation for their major error here, as they're basically saying to said Ombudsman they won't be able (can't be bothered!) to fix the technical problems on their end to un-join logins (either at all, or certainly not within any timeframe that doesn't involve years!), forcing me to setup new accounts outside of my current one's costs, in order to 'resolve' it myself. 

Given that's a 200-300 quid cost to me, will have to see. 🙄

Message 12 of 16

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@jimthing0 

I have a horrible feeling that O2 might offer you twenty quid as a starting point. 

Do please update this thread with developments. 

Good luck.  

Message 13 of 16

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

@jimthing0 

I have a horrible feeling that O2 might offer you twenty quid as a starting point. 

Do please update this thread with developments. 

Good luck. 

No they're into 3-figures, but we'll see, as I expect my costs as well as time chasing fixes that haven't happened to be covered here; as per the Ombudsman says is due. So no, not just a fob-off good will gesture. Thanks. 

Message 14 of 16

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Forgot to come back with the final result. 

In the end I got £100 in cash to my bank account for all the trouble involved. But I still had to manually move accounts, which was a pain in the neck. 

Message 15 of 16

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

At least that gives you some compensation @jimthing0 and also finality. 

Thanks for the feedback. 👍  

Message 16 of 16