cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat experiences

Anonymous
Not applicable

Boy am i ever fed up with the chat service. 

So simply i need an iphone unlocking. easy enough. I am wary however as the last time this was attempted about 1 year ago , i got a code for my iphone 3s, plugged it into the I tunes and the entire o/s was wiped destroyed rendering phone useless. Apple said o2 were at fault....they refunded the 15.00 to the account. 

Phone not used since then . was given iphone 4slast week on loan, but needed unlocking. checked account, money missing, got onot chat  and they said number had not been used, reset it and put the money back , problem needed a number for the iphone, put in alternate sim card, transfered the funds to that and then it all went downhill. made a txt to register the phone, waited 24 hours and then saw the money on the account had been transferred onto the phone so no money for unlock. good enough, it ws refunded and the tariff, Talkalot, no longer available, was cancelled , wiped etc. agent unable to find number or tarif to reinstate,

Called again and the nightmare began, other than my inside leg the agent Zedd had every bit of data and still wouldnt access account, he then saud i didnt pass security, he then said i didnt give him the dates and methods of top up (even though i hadnt and what was ,was automatic, he also said my security details were wrong as was tariff and everything else despite cutting and pasting direct info from account. 

after 2 hours!!!!! i had got no further other than him saying he was sorry. he just obstructed, all the way and what a surprise, the chat mysteriously ended, The whole chat is going to OFCOM, but has anyone else experienced such poor and obstructive service, based on inflexibilty and poor scripts, and  security so overthe top it is disgraceful. By law you only need 3 items of info for Data Protection, I work in that business. I supplied over 10 pieces of info and the agent refused to sort the matter out. i feel cheated, frustrated, annoyed and unhappy, I cannot use the phone, i cannot change my tarif, and i cannot use the account as there is no pphone to latch the number with. O2 have taken me for a very expensive ride.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

search through the forum about chat & you'll find lots of threads about bad experiences with chat, we did hear a while ago that they were going to review the service with some more training

Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You need to exhaust the O2 complaint procedure before taking it further and it's not Ofcom but possibly Trading Standards that you would need.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm probably going to be flamed for saying this, but.....

The Live Chat Call-Centres should be Uk based.

Many issues ensue from communication issues and things lost in translation as well as product knowledge or lack of it.

I don't think I'm being negative but being pro-active on this.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I felt the same and found it very hard at points not to make a comment. If they are asked to deviate from their script, they are lost. I actually asked if it was a robot at the other end, as the replies did not have relevence to the question, in fact i didnt actually get any straight answer to questions other than you need to go through security, which i had done, but not to his /her satisfaction. they are sickly polite without comprehension of the subject or problem, and supervisors are equally bad

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably both. I did ask if he /she knew what OFCOM is , but it brought no reply

Message 6 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably both. I did ask if he /she knew what OFCOM is , but it brought no reply

I'm not surprised as Ofcom don't deal with individual complaints.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shocking. Just spent 20minutes trying to explain there was an issue getting the verification code to upgrade my phone, she just kept trying to get me to buy another phone before admitting she couldn't do anything and I should ring (on hold 40mins and NOT spoken to anyone yet).

Message 8 of 8