cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges and contracts

Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to an adviser when I took a contract, with a 12yr old daughter in Jersey I was assured that as an 01 number the charges were UK standard.

Now this lot put Jersey as international and with being unemployed I can no longer call her.

Massive breach of verbal contract but I will have to save up to get a lawyer to challenge them,

because you and I do not matter; be warned they DO lie.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Just for your info o2 were the last company to do this.

1 o2 have given you the required 30 days notice.
2 Jersey is not part of the uk.
3 when did you start this contract (crucial as wording in t&c for your contract will be critical)

But I personally hold no chance of you getting anywhere with a solicitor / legal challenge save your money
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A few people have been unimpressed with this move by O2.

Have you thought about using Tugo for o2 pay monthly customers, viber, whatsapp or skype etc to maintain contact.

One of the threads discussing this

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Calls-to-Jersey-Guernsey-and-Isle-of-Man-from-4t...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/calls-to-channel-islands/td-p/558416

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
You don't need to save for a lawyer, you can get advice from CAB for free......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

At the time you took out your contract what you were told was true, now it isn't.

A lawyer would be a waste of money.

The people to speak to if you're not happy are the Advertising Standards Agency, but I doubt you'll get anywhere as O2 never promised that the offshore islands would continue be a part of your contract.

There are many messaging services that are very cheap to use and Skype if you can both access the internet.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Just for your info o2 were the last company to do this.

1 o2 have given you the required 30 days notice.
2 Jersey is not part of the uk.
3 when did you start this contract (crucial as wording in t&c for your contract will be critical)

But I personally hold no chance of you getting anywhere with a solicitor / legal challenge save your money
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
This evening I upgraded the iPhone 4S for the iPhone 5s, I was told In store that the price was £135 for the gold 32g. And I would get AppleCare for free ( I did say I don't want it) but she insisted it was free. On reading the paperwork at home I have paid just £79 for the phone and I have been charged for the AppleCare too! ( although the paperwork doesn't mention the AppleCare) I confirmed with my bank that I did indeed pay £135! I'm outraged.
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
You've got 7 days to cancel so just cancel it and go elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

This is really something you should have read before signing up

Go back ASAP to sort this out unless you now want to keep the AppleCare +. It is really good cover. Although if they said it was part of the package deal for free then the necessary reduction should have occurred.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called O2 to discuss the problem, they said they have no record of me having AppleCare and on there system it states I paid £79 for the phone and bought nothing else even though I paid £135!! They said they are going to call the shop and get back to me tomorrow (we live in hope) gggrrrrrrr
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93987 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions