cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 selling phones to my sister

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

So I've just finished texting a very angry younger sibling saying she's sick of receiving phone calls from O2 sales department asking for me, realising it's not me, then wanting to talk about selling my sister some phones. So she's all "stop **bleep**ing signing me up for stuff, you're a ******** *****" etc cos she's nice like that.

I explained why would O2 get my number wrong? I'm with O2... I also stated that I would never put her information down. Not even as emergency contact as we don't live anywhere near each other. It just wouldn't have happened.

So then I explained how companies sell information, not necessarily O2, Facebook and just anyone else really. Still not having it.

So what I want to know is...

1) is it REALLY O2 sales department?
2) if it is, is there something I could do to help my lovely sister? Also, O2, STOP IT!
3) if it's not O2, does that therefore mean we're on some list somewhere and what can we do?

I mean it says a lot that they phone up "for me" but are still ok selling phones to my sister. Clearly it's rubbish and I KNOW I havent entered her number in anything. I don't even know what it is!

So any light anyone could shed would be much appreciated, stop this turning into a massive family row... : )

Many thanks,
Hannah

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 do allow selected partners to use details. You can normally turn this off in your my02 preferences or write to O2 to request they stop.

please write to us c/o The Data Controller, Telefónica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX or through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number. For details on how we use your information please refer to our Privacy Policy on our Website.

Is she using one of your old accounts ? They must have some kind of connection between you both.

Also dependant of phone and software some do have blocking facilities so your sister could if applicable add these numbers to her blocking facility. Just a thought.
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 do allow selected partners to use details. You can normally turn this off in your my02 preferences or write to O2 to request they stop.

please write to us c/o The Data Controller, Telefónica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX or through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number. For details on how we use your information please refer to our Privacy Policy on our Website.

Is she using one of your old accounts ? They must have some kind of connection between you both.

Also dependant of phone and software some do have blocking facilities so your sister could if applicable add these numbers to her blocking facility. Just a thought.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much, thats helpful. I'll let her know.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

Hope you both patch things up.

Life's too short. slight_smile
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Telling me!! 😄
Message 5 of 5