cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking phone cases

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the upgrade itch as I generally keep my phone for between 12-18 months so I've got more than a snowball in Hell's chance of selling it for something.

Looking like I'm going to have to go for either 5.5 inch or 5.7 inch as that's the minimum most phones come in and I'm looking at another HMD Nokia to replace my 5 and I want to make sure I can keep a grip on it

So what are people's views on case types?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

My current phone case is dying so also looking for some options so if anyone can recommend anything for @Anonymous  and anyone else looking for tips on this, please do comment. slight_smile

Message 2 of 16

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I always use a wallet style case as it offers protecton for the phone and screen and, in my opinion, looks better.

Tech21 cases are very good and although not the chapest are good qaulity.

Message 3 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I prefer the normal style case that only covers the sides and back.
Last two phones have been treated to a Spigen case (amazon) which are well built and stand up to the occasional drop on the floor which I manage...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 16

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

My current case is also wallet style @jezza1234 as I mostly keep my phone in the main big pocket of my backpack with all the other items like keys etc. My phone is too big to put in jeans or jacket pocket so need something that protects the screen very well. slight_smile 

Message 5 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I got confused at first thinking this thread was about "talking" phone cases, not talking "about" phone cases, but anyway, Spigen always for me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Mine is wallet style with the phone clipped into it. I only ever have a couple of requirements with my phone cases, they must be red, they must be leather.. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

My current case is also wallet style @jezza1234 as I mostly keep my phone in the main big pocket of my backpack with all the other items like keys etc. My phone is too big to put in jeans or jacket pocket so need something that protects the screen very well. slight_smile 

@Marjo 

Looking at how big screens are becoming, I think your next phone might come with a trolley.

Will have a look at all recommendations, cheers.

Message 8 of 16

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I like a case. Only keep my daily driver for a maximum of 1 year, but it gets a hard life.

Note 9. Have many cases by Tech21, VRS, Spigen and Otterbox.
All have their uses. Been using the VRS ones most.
Have a Whitestone screen protector and they all fit it.

For a wee 5.5" phone, surely it has to be a pixel?
unnamed
Message 9 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I don't spend a lot of money on cases and find that Amazon sell a good range of cases for every pocket. Because I use my phone for everything, my case gets a lot of wear and tear. So I tend to buy 3/4 cases as soon as I know my phone is on the way. Also I'd get bored with the same colour for 2 or more years.

I also prefer the wallet type which can also convert into a stand. So I don't have to hold my phone while streaming a film or TV show. And it covers the screen so protects from smudges, fingerprints and accidently dropping the phone.

As said, I don't spend lots of money on cases, prefer to buy a few rather than just the one. And have no complaints about the leatherette cases I've purchased. It's always been a case of bored with the colour rather than the case falling apart.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 16