cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing tarriff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I've been with 02 for years now and always enjoyed the service. However why are tarriffs so restrictive. I have an iphone 5 and 1GB of data. I usually go over it with a few days remaining. My phone bill is usually 51 quid a month.

My friend on 3 mobile has unlimited data and pays 20 quid less a month. I see him in work regularly laughing at youtube videos.

My question is why cant i change my tarriff to include more data? It keeps coming up "you cannot change your tarriff currently". its only 2 months till my upgrade! i like being with 02, i've enjoyed the service and i've been treated well but i'm finding it frustrating i can't enjoy having a smart phone to the same extent as others as i'm stuck with this tiny data limit.

I know most people will say "add a bolt on lol" but i'm spending 50 quid a month and i can't face putting it even more then that same friend is unlimited paying 20 quid less. it'll depress me too much, my  bill is too high.

why cant i change my tarriff to remove all those voice minutes i pretty much NEVER EVER USE for an extra 1GB of data or something?

I want to stay with 02 but i feel like i'm being pushed out. I know it must have been a chief executives plan "we wont need to spend money on updating our network if we cap everyones data....we can make way more money off these customers" every business needs to make money but its getting to the point that after 7 years i cant justify these bills anymore with such little data.

is there anything i can do to keep my bill the same and get more data?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically @Anonymous i know in advance some of the checks they would want to do so i do those before i call in. In most cases i can self help.

CS wanted me too go through those checks again and wouldn't accept that i had done them before i called. I didn't want a 30 minute debate, i just wanted to let them know. I didn't need a full investigation or follow up call(s). Bit because i didn't want to go through it all again he said he would put on the ticket that i had refused to do so which i hadn't. I had already done them. He just couldn't grasp the concept that i just wanted to let them know, nothing more.
Message 31 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I understand.

Probably that operators own mindset. 😞

I've asked for these recent posts to be moved to their own thread to keep this one on track by the way.
Message 32 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
That was o2 BoB and yes i agree i have taken this off topic so good idea to move it along.

Cheers buddy ☺
Message 33 of 33