cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing tarriff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I've been with 02 for years now and always enjoyed the service. However why are tarriffs so restrictive. I have an iphone 5 and 1GB of data. I usually go over it with a few days remaining. My phone bill is usually 51 quid a month.

My friend on 3 mobile has unlimited data and pays 20 quid less a month. I see him in work regularly laughing at youtube videos.

My question is why cant i change my tarriff to include more data? It keeps coming up "you cannot change your tarriff currently". its only 2 months till my upgrade! i like being with 02, i've enjoyed the service and i've been treated well but i'm finding it frustrating i can't enjoy having a smart phone to the same extent as others as i'm stuck with this tiny data limit.

I know most people will say "add a bolt on lol" but i'm spending 50 quid a month and i can't face putting it even more then that same friend is unlimited paying 20 quid less. it'll depress me too much, my  bill is too high.

why cant i change my tarriff to remove all those voice minutes i pretty much NEVER EVER USE for an extra 1GB of data or something?

I want to stay with 02 but i feel like i'm being pushed out. I know it must have been a chief executives plan "we wont need to spend money on updating our network if we cap everyones data....we can make way more money off these customers" every business needs to make money but its getting to the point that after 7 years i cant justify these bills anymore with such little data.

is there anything i can do to keep my bill the same and get more data?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If you cant see any alternative tariffs in your myo2 then try ringing O2 on 202 to ask.

With O2 you can't choose to tailor the tariff to your needs but their are tariffs with up to 8gb of data allowance available.

Monthly tariff costs may go up by adding more.

I'm on the £20 Payg Big Bundle Tariff which gives me 2Gb of data.
Message 2 of 33

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

If you're happy with your phone and want to stay with O2, take a look at Tesco Mobile. They use the O2 network. On a 12 month sim only tariff you can get 6GB of data for half of what you're paying now, or 8GB for £27.50/month. The one month tariff is £30 for 8GB. That's still £21/month less than you're paying now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Also giffgaff run on O2 and currently offer unlimited 3G data for £12 a month (although the pricing is potentially going to be changing soon).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 33

Bambino
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Also giffgaff run on O2 and currently offer unlimited 3G data for £12 a month (although the pricing is potentially going to be changing soon).

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about GiffGaff. That actually might suit the OP better, as he has an iPhone 5 which can't use 4G on O2 anyway. I had used the Tesco tariffs because they're 4G at no extra charge, but that wouldn't make any difference.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 33

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Lycamobile also runs on O2 and is unlimited 3G or 4G data for £15 a month.....
All these MVNO's are part of the network overload problem 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 33

Bambino
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

I haven't experienced too many issues with the overload problem, apart from a few calls going directly to voicemail without my phone even ringing, but I was wondering if this overload problem is only happening with O2, or are some of the other networks also having overload problems with MVNO's? Straying off topic slightly, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 33

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
I can vouch for EE suffering with dropped calls but nothing on Three (they don't have the same level of customer base either though).
Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst in your area @Bambino things might well be fine and if so fabulous, so many on here are reporting congestion (in their eyes signal issues) and it is happening more and more and more so it must be becoming an issue.
Message 9 of 33

Bambino
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

I never said things were fine @Anonymous What I did say was that I had had a few issues, but they were minor, and the issues I've had have happened to be in an area where some have complained of more serious problems. They just luckily haven't happened to me. I'm not necessarily in one area only all the time, so the network congestion could well affect me somewhere down the road. I certainly wasn't shrugging off or making light of what others have said regarding the problems they're having. My query to MI5 was if other networks were also having congestion issues. As he has said that EE are also having problems, it's clear that it isn't an issue solely related to O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 33