Did you mean: 

Changing of Phones

Bobbyb23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Everyone! 

I'm not really sure where to post this query, but in 2022, I paid off the rest of my contract on my then two and half years old iPhone XR, just because it had begun slowly decreasing in performance.

I went with the Nokia G11 Smartphone at the time, however a month in, I found myself missing several features of the iPhone, so put my same sim back in the iPhone, where it had been for nearly three years. We have regularly still been paying, as though the Nokia is the phone I had the sim in, but now, finally want to get the new iPhone 15.

When entering a store, do I need to take Nokia as though I have been using it? I'm willing to pay however much left. It's just The iPhone got paid off ages ago. Do I need to effectively make out I have been using the Nokia, as that is the phone that will need paying off.

Many Thanks,

Bob

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11224 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hi @Bobbyb23 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

The main thing it is a "device" and you are paying for it.  You need to be straight forward and ask can you upgrade to a different device then ask what to do about your Nokia.

I am quite sure the o2 guys at the shop will be able to give you good advice. Enjoy your new iPhone.. 

When you get it.. Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

Bobbyb23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the information provided. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149344 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Bobbyb23 

O2 don't care what phone you use, as long as you pay for what's on your contract.

If it's paid off already you can just upgrade to a new phone.

If you owe anything it will need to be paid off first.

Text INFO to 85075 to find out if anything is owed.

Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9269 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Bobbyb23 

Hi Bob

If at the end of this exercise you are left with one or two handsets that you no longer have a need for, bear in mind that you can turn them into cash via ebay, CEX or your local independent second-hand mobile 'phone shop. 

However, before reselling, please carefully ensure that you delete all of your personal data therefrom.  

Message 5 of 5