cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't wait for Vodafone to get Iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 signal in my area is appalling. I have complained constantly to no avail. I have 5 months to go, and will buy out the £35/month outstanding, as soon as the Iphone is available on Vodafone.

I know of many people ready to make the switch to Orange or Vodafone. Seeing O2's problems showcased on Watchdog last night, I think the company has some serious issues ahead.

I hope Telefonica are ready for a big hit in the UK - they should have made the investment in their network.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sheepdog is spot on. It was so sensationalist and not what I'd expect from the BBC.

It reminded me of panorama from channel 4 who have ran programmes around subjects such as "supermarket value brands often have less fat and calories than premium products" DUH! really!? grin This topic was followed a year later by "supermarket value brands have less nutritional value than premium brands" Emm...so what shall we buy then panorama? grin

They completely missed out the fact that for that particular mast o2 need to give the landlord 10 days notice before they access it so it makes no difference that it was 'up a public path' as they put it. So when it first broke there was a 10 day delay before it could be fixed and then when it broke again another 10 day notice period would be required before it can be fixed again.

"The mast is further away than those of the other networks" emm...so what? They get a signal when it's working, what's the problem? By the map they were using it probably no further than an extra half a mile or so.
Message 2 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
And that mast is 30m tall and the surronding land is some 50 m higher than the village and that mast also covers a large section of the A3 and the mod camp. It also has orange and voda on it and is a 2g mast.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is not uncommon for a show like Watchdog to do this. Clever wording and sometimes complete disregard for certain facts can make a good show!
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Watchdog aside, as I live in Yorkshire and nowhere near Liphook. O2 happily sold me, and many people round here an Iphone, then admitted that coverage in this area is poor, and they have no plans to improve it.

The point of the post was that being with Vodafone for 10 years lead me into a false sense of security - that all networks are that good. I therefore can't wait to go back to them.

The Watchdog article was sensationalist and imbalanced, but it also highlighted many of the customer service issues I have had with O2.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why didn't you try PAYGO to test it? Or take it back within 14 days if you found the coverage wasn't good enough?
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why didn't you try PAYGO to test it? Or take it back within 14 days if you found the coverage wasn't good enough?

that's very clever, you should work for watchdog mate haha. No you're spot on.
Did you see everyone in the town square? About 7 adults and 20 kids so it looked like a big crowd, haha classic.

I'm sure I read in the press that o2 and voda have an agreement about shearing networks, I'll try and find the artical online.
If am right it had been passed by the courts and agreed they were just waiting on something I can't remeber what.

But it was going to cut costs in half and give a better range

like I said I'll try and look it up
Message 7 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
robb95

That agreement shares the mast and cabinet but not the radio equipment.

It means the cost saved is in the errection and accociated planning costs.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
robb95
That agreement shares the mast and cabinet but not the radio equipment.
It means the cost saved is in the errection and accociated planning costs.

that's sounds about right, am sure it did say it would also allow same service for both networks.

Guess we will have to see, it's a good move for both o2 and voda if so.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do agree with all the points made above - it was much of a pointless segment in the program and did not tell us anything more than what is commonly known.

I think its down to the fact the producer has an iPhone and suffers the same problems. So he/she thought they would use their power to broadcast it - its the impression I get anyway.

Also I have to say that 3G coverage has improved in my area since the launch of the iPhone. I never could get any 3G coverage, now I get close to a strong full 5 bars.

Spotify works a treat!
Message 10 of 11