cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Home Access Service Very Poor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all just though i would share my recent headace with o2 home access and o2 support. ok i signed up with o2 in may this year my intial download speeds was 7.5mbit (Yeah i no on home access) this lasted for apprx 3 weeks then went down to a stable 6.5mbit. Since may this year it been getting worse at time i connect at 0.99mbit and average 1.34mbit.
For the past 3years ive been asking o2 when and if they would upgrade my exchange to llu each time i get yes in 3-4 months just give it time (I hate being lied to really gets on my nerves)to top it off we home access customers pay through the nose for a sub standard service while most others can get llu at their exchanges.
When speaking to o2 sales team or lie team as you never get the truth just the pitch! its "well be upgrading, our rollout is ongoing blah,blah) truth is o2 will no upgrade exchanges where residential access is lesss than 6-10,000. Also o2 home access woul dbe good if o2 had purchased bigger bandwidth from bt instead the speed HA you should and do get (8mbit)is mangaged so that if you get 4mbit the other 4mbit bandwidth is managed to another customer account 2 for the price of one concept. No they dont tell that to you!!!
Also theyve now stiffed HA user of P2P in that they say o2 netwrk is conjested between 8pm-11pm yet im only surfing the net and my connect which hasnt been right for ages seems to be throttled (even not using p2p between 5pm-12midnight and the ping times are worse than what you would see in say africa 260ms average 167ms. O2 support bods are ill informed or kept completely in the dark and 2nd line support while trying to be helpful are really bad (the stuff they come out with when talking tech to them) Im an MCSE of 10yrs o2, should train the staff better..
Ok so if your looking at HA for xmas online gaming forget it you can use period even steaming content (Industry rekons that a 2.5-3.5mbit is best for steaming) well you cant get that. O2 home access should be sold as and email only service as that all its good for, as you can guess ive git my mac code and will be leaving o2 as i know even if i come back to see if llu is my exchange in say 15yrs I WONT BE and i bet people will still be getting lied to! Thankfully i record transcripts of all my telephone converstations so will be sending my painful journey with o2 HA over to ofcom see waht they think of it and if i can sue, for misold and time lost on work!
I know o2 can do better and that i wouldnt be having this conversation if they got their act together and started upgrading loyal HA customers like me but im really fedup with the whole UK internet/ UK in general being a ripoff place to live....:(
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd try posting in the Broadband forum. Although, I would try to clean it up first, as your post rambles all over the place and most people won't bother reading it.
Message 2 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
So what are you trying to say?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me or raysO2?

I'm trying to say that if one has a complaint then its a good idea to make it in the right place, to stick to facts (avoid supposition), to be clear, to be concise and to remain calm.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all just though i would share my recent headace with o2 home access and o2 support. ok i signed up with o2 in may this year my intial download speeds was 7.5mbit (Yeah i no on home access) this lasted for apprx 3 weeks then went down to a stable 6.5mbit. Since may this year it been getting worse at time i connect at 0.99mbit and average 1.34mbit.
For the past 3years ive been asking o2 when and if they would upgrade my exchange to llu each time i get yes in 3-4 months just give it time (I hate being lied to really gets on my nerves)to top it off we home access customers pay through the nose for a sub standard service while most others can get llu at their exchanges.
When speaking to o2 sales team or lie team as you never get the truth just the pitch! its "well be upgrading, our rollout is ongoing blah,blah) truth is o2 will no upgrade exchanges where residential access is lesss than 6-10,000. Also o2 home access woul dbe good if o2 had purchased bigger bandwidth from bt instead the speed HA you should and do get (8mbit)is mangaged so that if you get 4mbit the other 4mbit bandwidth is managed to another customer account 2 for the price of one concept. No they dont tell that to you!!!
Also theyve now stiffed HA user of P2P in that they say o2 netwrk is conjested between 8pm-11pm yet im only surfing the net and my connect which hasnt been right for ages seems to be throttled (even not using p2p between 5pm-12midnight and the ping times are worse than what you would see in say africa 260ms average 167ms. O2 support bods are ill informed or kept completely in the dark and 2nd line support while trying to be helpful are really bad (the stuff they come out with when talking tech to them) Im an MCSE of 10yrs o2, should train the staff better..
Ok so if your looking at HA for xmas online gaming forget it you can use period even steaming content (Industry rekons that a 2.5-3.5mbit is best for steaming) well you cant get that. O2 home access should be sold as and email only service as that all its good for, as you can guess ive git my mac code and will be leaving o2 as i know even if i come back to see if llu is my exchange in say 15yrs I WONT BE and i bet people will still be getting lied to! Thankfully i record transcripts of all my telephone converstations so will be sending my painful journey with o2 HA over to ofcom see waht they think of it and if i can sue, for misold and time lost on work!
I know o2 can do better and that i wouldnt be having this conversation if they got their act together and started upgrading loyal HA customers like me but im really fedup with the whole UK internet/ UK in general being a ripoff place to live....:(

Leave O2 if you are so unhappy, you're a consumer and you have a choice. I'm on 50Mbit cable and after years of annoyance on ADSL I couldn't be happier.
Message 5 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Me or raysO2?
I'm trying to say that if one has a complaint then its a good idea to make it in the right place, to stick to facts (avoid supposition), to be clear, to be concise and to remain calm.

Sorry prking, I should have been specific, yes of course I meant the OP.

Your advice as usual was spot on.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to say why the #### do we get ripped off, sold one thing then to find its something else. I know for a fact the o2 is moderating your physical bandwidth not just what you can use on your connection. In the 4mths being with o2 why would my connection be 7.5 adslmax no problems whatsoever for the first 8 weeks then continue to gegrade? the copper or alloy pstn cable to the exchange arnt rotting away are they! so the line is all good. Its also not other users on the network, its down to o2 has purchased x bandwith is using speed limiting software on the switch/server. Im not sure if by play a part in this or what, typically the UK consumer is being ripped off at every point no matter what service or product you buy from broadband to a loaf of bread. We muppets in government that run this shambles, you me and everyone else has no real voice i imagine even your vote doesnt count for much in the eyes of these ####. I really wish people could get together and say that it weve had enough.

I ref to 50mbit cable yeah i can go that route but its £30+/mth which is expensive for a broadband connection why can o2 rollout its llu faster, when you ask them how many people on home access are on your exchange its mumble,mumble err we dont know. I would be an idea to publish these figures so we have an idea, as home access customers are paying for llu on the network due to its high price and poor speeds..
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see now that you wish to have an incoherent rant, fair enough.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
But im giving a headsup to ther o2 ha users and i think im not alone. Also this is a forum whether incoherent rant or not people should post there experiences here on o2 and not be subjugated to stringent proof readers like yourself ehh!
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said, you are perfectly entitled to post your thoughts. But I still say they would be more effective if you post them in the right place and in clear language.

Incidentally, I hope you get your issues sorted soon, it sounds like you are quite frustrated.
Message 10 of 11