cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appauling customer service with O2 insure

Anonymous
Not applicable
After submiting my claim with O2 insure (marsh) because my phone was damaged my claim was rejected as I hadnt had my sim card in my handset for over 14 days.

I explained that my phone charger had broke for my Nokia N82 which was why I was using a different mobile and that due to work commitments I hadnt had time to buy a new charger. I eventualy got a new charger and put my sim card in my N82 and before I had time to use my phone it was damaged.

I submitted my claim and it was rejected because my sim hadnt been in my phone for over 14 days. I said that i insure my phone not my sim but this was to no avail. I had to fill out an online form for my claim to be further reviewed.

I got absoloutely no goodwill or even a contribution even though ive paid my insurance every month for the last three years and spent on average £55 a month on my phone bill.

I was told by the insurance department (marsh) go into my local O2 store who will give me a loan phone and replace my sim card and register it. I was given a blank sim card and no loan phone and had to register the sim myself.

My claim has just been rejected because of my sim being out of my phone for over 14 days. (if you insure a car and didnt use it for a month would your insurance claim be null and void if it got wrote off the first time you drive it?)

Im now left with no phone and a blank sim card.

I will be writing to the F.S.A regarding this issue as i believe i havent been treated fairly.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
can you explain what you mean that the sim was out of your phone for 14 days

ive had this before when i was using another phone and lost my n73 , they wouldnt replace it as the sime wasnt it in the phone at the time of loss which is in their small print and is the same with all network insurance vodafone , orange , three etc etc

however the way you have worded it says that you had been using another phone , then put the sim card in the n82 but lost it before you switched it on , now if the sim was lost in the phone and you have even gone to get a new sim and had the other cut off then id have thought the insurance would cover you

i havent heard the 14 day rule , what is that , you cant have the sim in another phone for more then 14 days of the contract or what ??

sounds silly if thats what it is

i would have thought with the sim in the phone you lost and the phone being insured you would be entitled to insurance

i must say the insurance company has nvere let me down ive used them about 5-6 times over the last 7 years or something and they have been great with me everytime
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 14 day rule means that any issues with damage to a handset needs to be reported within 14 days(2 days if its lost or stolen) and the sim needs to be used in the insured handset at the time of the incident. if you read the T&C's of the insuranc you can clearly see this.

http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/ ... remier.pdf
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
My handset broke on the 4th July, and I rang them up within 14 days, but only sent the phone off for repair last tuesday.

I have been in contact with them though since then, several times, requesting a new phone instead of repair!
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
But was your sim in the handset when it was damaged?
Message 5 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
this is getting hard to follow as people are replying and posting In 2 seperate threads here and in pay monthly!!!!!!!!!!
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 6