cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Home Access Service Very Poor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all just though i would share my recent headace with o2 home access and o2 support. ok i signed up with o2 in may this year my intial download speeds was 7.5mbit (Yeah i no on home access) this lasted for apprx 3 weeks then went down to a stable 6.5mbit. Since may this year it been getting worse at time i connect at 0.99mbit and average 1.34mbit.
For the past 3years ive been asking o2 when and if they would upgrade my exchange to llu each time i get yes in 3-4 months just give it time (I hate being lied to really gets on my nerves)to top it off we home access customers pay through the nose for a sub standard service while most others can get llu at their exchanges.
When speaking to o2 sales team or lie team as you never get the truth just the pitch! its "well be upgrading, our rollout is ongoing blah,blah) truth is o2 will no upgrade exchanges where residential access is lesss than 6-10,000. Also o2 home access woul dbe good if o2 had purchased bigger bandwidth from bt instead the speed HA you should and do get (8mbit)is mangaged so that if you get 4mbit the other 4mbit bandwidth is managed to another customer account 2 for the price of one concept. No they dont tell that to you!!!
Also theyve now stiffed HA user of P2P in that they say o2 netwrk is conjested between 8pm-11pm yet im only surfing the net and my connect which hasnt been right for ages seems to be throttled (even not using p2p between 5pm-12midnight and the ping times are worse than what you would see in say africa 260ms average 167ms. O2 support bods are ill informed or kept completely in the dark and 2nd line support while trying to be helpful are really bad (the stuff they come out with when talking tech to them) Im an MCSE of 10yrs o2, should train the staff better..
Ok so if your looking at HA for xmas online gaming forget it you can use period even steaming content (Industry rekons that a 2.5-3.5mbit is best for steaming) well you cant get that. O2 home access should be sold as and email only service as that all its good for, as you can guess ive git my mac code and will be leaving o2 as i know even if i come back to see if llu is my exchange in say 15yrs I WONT BE and i bet people will still be getting lied to! Thankfully i record transcripts of all my telephone converstations so will be sending my painful journey with o2 HA over to ofcom see waht they think of it and if i can sue, for misold and time lost on work!
I know o2 can do better and that i wouldnt be having this conversation if they got their act together and started upgrading loyal HA customers like me but im really fedup with the whole UK internet/ UK in general being a ripoff place to live....:(
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi yeah shouldve posted in correct area i guess, but today im trying to just genrally surf the net not download or steaming and my connection i 70k - 600k but very poor, im like waiting apprx 6 sec for a standard web page to load.

I just tried to run bt speedtester utility and that comes back with errors so no joy there. thing is i havent had any issues when i first went active may 09 and since then its been getting worse. luckily my mate works for bt at my exchange and he as checked the line for me its 100% ok. i know i can get 7.27mbit from line test and the fact ive had those speeds when DL.

im all for FUP so long as they let you use it outside of peaktimes to do whatever, but no to be able to surf the net at peak times and have your speed dropped to the speeds im getting isnt fair. i feel im getting ripped off as i paid more that LLU package and has repeatedly asked o2 when they will put their own kit in there. also got word from my mate that BT will not be wholesaling 21cn is their own network to rival LLU so cant see them upgrading only to lease it out?

i have found one or two other isp's that i may switch to have got my MAC code today so if anyone has a good no llu isp with fair tarrifs please let me know. its a real shame o2 isnt listening to its customers, i like this company over others ive been with but its looking like i will have to leave in order to get a decent service as o2 are not bothered about giving customer accurate information.

have heard Virgin do 50mb fiber with no limits but at £33 its dear i use 80 -125GB/mth again also been waiting for LLU apprx 2.5 yrs constantly told by o2 its coming its coming!

im sure im not the only person here who has this problem, but why is o2 managing connection speeds when when they do its making standard surfing impossible and slow even when not using P2P....sigh 😞
Message 11 of 11