cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 08458630287

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I got my iphone I have been getting several calls a day from08458630287. When I answer - nothing just silence and then a disconnect. I rang back I the message says thatnks for calling O2 sorry we missed you and will try again. Is this O2? Does anyone know what its about? Its really beginning to annoy me.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I answered too and its a welcome call from o2
Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is an O2 number as I have an email from O2 saying so.

If you don't wish to have them call you just tell them you don't want marketing calls from them.

I had to laugh though, when I emailed them asking why I was getting these calls (as they are normally for new customers to the network) I was told it was just a courtesy call to make sure that I'm happy with the service.

When I got another call from them and answered it, it was a marketing call trying to flog me equipment for my iPhone, courtesy call my backside LOL
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a call from them and what I don't understand is why they asked me for full security details. I would have been happy to give them letters in my mother maiden name, but not the full name. It does not seem right that they expect full disclosure.

I don't want calls from this number, full-stop.
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had 7 calls from this number in the last 2 weeks and it is starting to annoy me. Is it really scam?
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had 7 calls from this number in the last 2 weeks and it is starting to annoy me. Is it really scam?

No as I've said many times above, it's O2.

They called me to try sell me an accessory for my iPhone.

It's not a scam, IT IS O2
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do i stop this number from callling me everyday.
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's from O2 unsurance http://www.o2.co.uk/sme/o2insure
Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took out a new contract with o2 last week - I changed from 'o2 with Carphone Warehouse' because Carphone did not stop marketing calls. I specifically declined marketing calls from o2 and affiliates when I took out the contract - and this was properly done by the helpful staff in the shop.
What happens? I get inundated with calls from this number and when I ring it back there is a recorded message with a'welcome' call, presumably so o2 can get round the 'no marketing' label, and no option to tell me how to stop that number ringing my mobile. I went online to o2's help facility and called o2 and neither could stop the calls.
So I went back to the shop and said I was cancelling the contract within the 14 day period if they could not stop the calls. The very helpful staff in the shop tried for a good half hour calling o2: o2 said that on their own logs they had made no marketing calls, that they did not know how to stop calls from this number, and they did not know if it was o2 itself their insurance company. So I cancelled the contract - a big nuisance for me as I had just ported my mobile number over and now I've got to port it over again to Orange. But I won't put up with this behaviour.
So o2: I've moved my contract - I'd had a montly contract with o2 for at least 8 years and now I've gone.
Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took out a new contract with o2 last week - I changed from 'o2 with Carphone Warehouse' because Carphone did not stop marketing calls. I specifically declined marketing calls from o2 and affiliates when I took out the contract - and this was properly done by the helpful staff in the shop.
What happens? I get inundated with calls from this number and when I ring it back there is a recorded message with a'welcome' call, presumably so o2 can get round the 'no marketing' label, and no option to tell me how to stop that number ringing my mobile. I went online to o2's help facility and called o2 and neither could stop the calls.
So I went back to the shop and said I was cancelling the contract within the 14 day period if they could not stop the calls. The very helpful staff in the shop tried for a good half hour calling o2: o2 said that on their own logs they had made no marketing calls, that they did not know how to stop calls from this number, and they did not know if it was o2 itself their insurance company. So I cancelled the contract - a big nuisance for me as I had just ported my mobile number over and now I've got to port it over again to Orange. But I won't put up with this behaviour.
So o2: I've moved my contract - I'd had a montly contract with o2 for at least 8 years and now I've gone.

Cath... I love you!! Somebody who does not make idle threats. So refeshing in here.
Great stuff.

Andy
Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a sales/marketing call. Every person who takes a contract with o2 gets a call to thank them for joining. They run through what you've taken out and remind you that if you want to change tariff it needs to be done within such and such a timescale etc etc. I've received one of these calls along with several friends and family members and none of us have been offered anything to buy. Takes 2 mins and once complete they never call back.
Message 20 of 23