Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue

IanS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone number was ported eventually from BT to O2. After 11 days of constant calls to O2, promises of call backs that didn't materialise. Cases to back office raised, and one helpful person in complaints, my wife's phone is still on a temporary number. Several calls to BT have definitively stated that her number was sent to O2 on 6th September yet O2 so fate say it is not in their system. When will this be resolved, and will she ever get her number back? Complaints say they can't give a time frame!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7824 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

We are all customers so we can't answer. A quick search here will show O2 have problems porting numbers

Try the UK based Social Media team 

Links in this guide 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

IanS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I understand. But was wondering if anyone was or has been in the same situation and if their number was retrieved and how long it took

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38274 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Yes, it has been possible, some people have acknowledged success here if you search the forum @IanS 

Do use Social Media, as advised - pick one of the ways in the guide shared above and be persistent.

If still no joy, then you can try escalating to the Forum Manager, who can check what has happened via Social Media and can escalate accordingly - but defer to Social Media first, ping them occasionally until you get someone's attention, and you should be in with a chance.

Good luck 

Message 4 of 4