Did you mean: 

None payment of £0.00 debt

SlimboyFat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I know that these posts are not monitored by O2 staff but this might help someone else and would also like to hear from anyone that had a similar problem and whether today's "Outcome" is likely to be the end of the problem...

I recently got my 1st £10.00 credit from "Airtime Rewards", as my bill is only £6.30 this was covered and I am still in credit.

25/08/24: Received a text stating "Your bill of £0.00 is overdue, so we've had to put restrictions on your service". Everything seemed to be working at this time.

Visited the O2 store, they where trying to help but could not get through to their version of customer services.

Returned home and called customer services. After being passed around several times the guy stated that it had been escalated and was sorted.

30/08/24: Received another text, as I have not paid the £0.00 more restrictions have been put on the account. I am unable to make calls or use data.

Tried calling Customer services on the mobile only to receive a computerised message stating that I owed £0.00 then a 2nd message stating as I had an "outstanding" payment they could not continue with the query!!!

Called customer services using the landline, eventually someone stated that my "account details" show that I owe £0.00 (actually in credit) but the payment side shows a £10.00 outstanding. Nobody could state what this £10.00 was for and as my bill is £6.30 with no "outside bundle" costs there can not be a £10.00 outstanding. He then stated he would put a £10.00 credit on the account to clear. This could take up to 2 hours. This did not happen.

31/08/24: Visited the store again, they got through to their customer services who stated that the credit would take up to 24 hours!!!

Received a text stating a credit had been added to my account but still unable to make calls / use data.

Called Customer services again. Passed through several departments again...

Eventually got through to someone that has set up a payment plan to to pay the £10 in 1 months time, this has allowed them to lift the restrictions. Stating that the problem has been escalated and would be sorted before the payment is due...

Is it likely to be sorted or am I going to be calling them again when they try to take the extra £10.00?

Is it worth emailing this to the complaints department?

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks

Dave

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23934 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@SlimboyFat Don't know who you've been speaking to, but before you lodge a complaint, if you haven't done so as yet, the best department for you to contact is the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 5302.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Should you decide to lodge a complaint, here is the link: How to Complain | Help | O2 but be aware that from what we know here, the average response time is eight weeks.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

SlimboyFat
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@BambinoThanks for the reply. The 0217 number is one of the numbers I used. It is also 1 of the numbers that would not continue on the mobile as I had an outstanding payment of £0.00 ...

It would be annoying if it wasn't so ridiculous 😞

Message 3 of 15

Bambino
  • 23934 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

Can't argue with you there, @SlimboyFat 

If you can't contact O2 by phone you can try to reach them via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Good luck

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

Napier
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On 29/08/2024 received email and text requesting outstanding payment of £0.00 for device installment.

Spent about an hour on the phone to customer services speaking to a very nice lady whilst she tried to

find out what had gone wrong. Evenyually she thought it was sorted.

I (and others) have been receiving credits on my account to compensate for overcharging regarding the handset.

01/08/2024 received text advising of credit of £8.14 on my account and to go to MyO2 to see the credit note. On my O2 I find a demand for an outstanding payment for £8.14 with a threat to my credit rating if not paid. As this was a small amount I have paid it and will be contacting payment management to discuss these demands. It seems to me that the O2 billing system is not able to handle these compensation payments properrly.

Message 5 of 15

Bambino
  • 23934 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Napier This is a customer community with no access to anyone's account information, and unfortunately we can't help. All you can do is keep at O2 either through their Payment Management department or through social media as advised above.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 15

Rambo123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had the same 'glitch' as the O2 staff name it. I pay my sim only contract of £8.70 with credit from airtime rewards although I have a direct debit set up it hasn't been taken since March (I'm quite canny with airtime rewards.  Last Thursday got the message bill of £0.00 is overdue and restrictions have been put on account. Phoned up took ages ,couldn't offer any explanation other than it was a glitch. Passed it to payments team to sort out and i asked and got £10 credit for compensation of time and stress. Yesterday got another message saying £0.00 owing and they have basically cut me off. Was fuming. Had to use wife's phone to call them, same old glitch story , passed onto payment team, Brian was also baffled but got my service back and I thought that would be that....So looked on my account on line and there is now an installment plan charge (outside of my regular bill) of £10 to be paid by 9th Sept or they will cut me off again presumably. Phoned customer servs again and she assured me nothing would be taken and don't worry about it. She had no idea why it was there! It was 'just a glitch' ...again! My account is now £36 in credit. I have put all this down in an email and sent to O2.  complaints. Terrible service from o2. I am now just hoping that my credit file has not been compromised by O2's 'glitches'! Eight weeks to go until ombusmen....

Message 7 of 15

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9031 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Rambo123

Have you tried O2's Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 ?

Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

They might refuse to engage with you due to your open complaint but calling them has got to be worth a try. 👍

Message 8 of 15

Rambo123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. It seems the £10 payment plan was set up ,without my knowledge I might add, as a get around for un blocking my phone. It has now gone from my on line account screen, so fingers crossed the glitch won't rear it's head again and send me the dreaded £0.00 overdue text. 

Message 9 of 15

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9031 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Hopefully that's been resolved @Rambo123👍 

Message 10 of 15