cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appauling Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an O2 customer, I also work in a customer service role for a professional services role and I can say that O2 have so far been given me the worst customer service I have had in a long time. I have been given a handset that is faulty. I have been trying to call O2 for 3 days, I have been cut off 4 times, and in total kept on hold for over 2 hours. The chat feature of the website is always 'busy' so I can't get through on there either. I wanted to upgrade, which would have meant spending £340 with O2. If I'd have spoken to someone or been able to get through I would have done. Now I want to cancel my contract. I wonder how quickly O2 would be in touch if i stopped paying my bill? Maybe that's the only way to get in touch with O2? Ofcom reports O2 are the least complained about provider was O2 with 0.04 complaints per 1,000 customers. Well I must be in the minoroty then as so far it has been shocking.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93268 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I think you have been particularly unlucky as I've never encountered the problems you are having. You can only speak as you find though. Best time to call is usually early morning. Try circumnavigating the options by calling 202, option 2 then press zero.

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Cancelling your payments will just leave you with a bad credit report so it's not advisable.
You will just have to keep trying CS on 202.
Options 2 then 0 if calling from your own phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not alone! I too have had appalling customer service from O2. It seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and they just don't want to understand your complaint until you start mentioning a referral to Ofcom. You haven't missed anything by not getting through to Live Chat - they are every bit as bad as the rest, they do not seem to be any better informed, and when I last got through to them to tell them I couldn't view my bill they started changing my password (I was logged into my account at the time). What's more, they start typing back at you before you've finished your message to them, which is really annoying. When you feel you have taken as much as you can bare, ask for a "deadlock letter" and impress upon them that you are taking your complaint further. It seems to be the only way they'll listen. I think most people get worn down before they get to Ofcom, hence the low complaint rate!

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 93268 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Presumably you have gone through the complaints procedure via the link at the bottom of the page otherwise a deadlock letter can't be written and issued to you. Pointless asking otherwise.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

i will be complaining to ofcom too. the south african call centre is shocking. there are no notes left of previous calls. i work in an industry where customer service is paramount and every call is logged.

last night i was on hold for 40 minutes waiting to speak to a manager. tonight i requested a call back from a manager to save wasting my life on hold... it never happened.

customer service for the last 5 weeks has been non existant

Message 6 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i will be complaining to ofcom too. the south african call centre is shocking. there are no notes left of previous calls. i work in an industry where customer service is paramount and every call is logged.

last night i was on hold for 40 minutes waiting to speak to a manager. tonight i requested a call back from a manager to save wasting my life on hold... it never happened.

customer service for the last 5 weeks has been non existant

This this doesn't come under the remit of Ofcom, you need to make a formal complaint first here: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks but there is much more to it than general dissatisfaction with the call centre

Message 8 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You still need to make a formal complaint first, you can't go further without doing that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93268 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

You still need to make a formal complaint first, you can't go further without doing that.

Exactly. Take it through the official complaints procedure. 

Message 10 of 10