Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23475 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

Of course! Your phone number is on the sim. Probably all your contacts as well. You should remove your sim and do a hard reset to wipe the phone. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23475 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

Of course! Your phone number is on the sim. Probably all your contacts as well. You should remove your sim and do a hard reset to wipe the phone. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which phone are you selling maybe we could guide you through what to do
Message 3 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Also de-register it if it's required by the handset. Typically you do this with iPhone and possibly Blackberry (although I'm not sure). With Android you can remove a device from the account it was used with.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's an iPhone then the association with the Apple ID needs to be sorted to remove the activation lock that now comes with iOS 7.

Until we know more from the op it's hard to say anymore.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

i want to sell my iphone 5s but want to be sure if i wipe it to factory settings and remove the nano sim that no one buying it can access my account and use it? i am as green as grass but desp need to sell- help anyone?  and also what cheaper phone can i get to put the sim into so i can still use it on my contract?

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

i need someone to tell me also step by step what i can do to sell iphone 5s on contract- and be able to use sim (nano) in another cheap phone please?

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry for ps again! .....if i buy an iphone 4s which is unlocked and put in my 02 sim will it work okay? and does the same apply if its on 02 network when i buy it?

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes just pop your sim in if it's the same size. Back up your old phone to itunes.

Connect your new phone and choose select from backup and all your data, photos and contacts will swap over.

Message 10 of 11