Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g

crozza
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

is 4g in milton keynes about to happen thanks. ?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I moved from MK a few years back - I've had 4G in Newmarket for about 6 months now!! O2 do seem to have a strange rollout strategory doing smaller towns before the larger places like MK - I imagine it's a cost effective way to bump up the number of customers with 4G - after all most small towns only have a small number of masts to upgrade, while I would imagine MK would have quite a large number of masts to cover the whole area.

Message 11 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

With having to cover 98% of the population by 2017 you would think that logically they would upgrade the big towns/cities first. There is obviously a master plan but wouldn't it be great if they published some sort of schedule?

Message 12 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

With having to cover 98% of the population by 2017 you would think that logically they would upgrade the big towns/cities first. There is obviously a master plan but wouldn't it be great if they published some sort of schedule?

I can understand why they don't though....just imagine the outraged comments here there and everywhere if they fall behind with the schedule.? Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 34

MI5
  • 145107 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
No one knows the roll out schedule (and I mean NO ONE) as it is a closely guarded secret and the info is not divulged anywhere.
Many have guessed and it has been rumoured to be coming to MK for a while now.
It may appear tomorrow or it may not be until next year though, equally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No one knows the roll out schedule (and I mean NO ONE) as it is a closely guarded secret and the info is not divulged anywhere.
Many have guessed and it has been rumoured to be coming to MK for a while now.
It may appear tomorrow or it may not be until next year though, equally.

I take it that's NO ONE then Rich....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 34

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's buried in the bowels of the o2 headquarters along with the anticipation and despair of so many customers....

Message 16 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino, @crozza is the OP not @Anonymous... If you check the coverage for Milton Keynes you will see there is no 4G. Also there's no work scheduled for the next few months for that area, so they they will not be getting it just yet. 

Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at the coverage checker for the whole country it does look strange that MK hasn't received 4G yet, in fact it stands out as a glaring omission considering the population of the place, and that most areas around MK do seem to have 4G. 

Message 18 of 34

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Now maybe it's just me but if I was scheduling a roll out the cities and major towns would be first. After all, they did that at the grand launch of 4G....

Message 19 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Now maybe it's just me but if I was scheduling a roll out the cities and major towns would be first. After all, they did that at the grand launch of 4G....

You would think so - do the population centers first then fill in the gaps - O2 seem to be doing in reverse, I mean Newmarket has a population of on 20,000 but we have 4G before MK with a population of 250,000. 

I wonder if the impending take over by Three is starting to impact the 4G rollout? Three do have good 4G coverage in MK already according to their coverage checker.

Message 20 of 34