cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

42p per minute O2 calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else been struck with 42p per minute phonecalls based on the fact that O2 didn't inform us of the Family Bolt On? Our daughter has used around 30 additional minutes of calls over a 4 week period - to family only. We discovered that this has doubled her tariff... no texts to let her or us know. Phoned O2 who said we should have been told of the Family Bolt On when we took out our contracts over 12 months ago. Said additional minutes were 35p per minute - didn't mention that this was excluding VAT!  Tried to go online and sort it out this evening, but O2 not available. 42p per minute is shocking.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome to the Forum,

To put things into prospective O2 offer many different services.

Its not down to the initial employee opening up your contract to go through all these with you. They would concentrate on getting your tariff right to best match you.

Its then up to the individual to log into their MYO2 and onto the Networks homepage to carry out some homework on what else the Network offers, and what can be taken up as added on features to your account.

Hope that makes sense.

Please do not use Live Chat for Account enquiries.

Dial 202 from your O2 Mobile to speak to Customer Services.

Take care.

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
I'm amazed at the number of people who don't bother to check the exact terms of something they sign up for.
Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

on consumer tariffs the 35p is inc vat only business contracts are shown extra costs as ex vat

But on your bill o2 break down the vat so it is 29.17p a min plus vat 5.83p = 35p a min

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
I'm amazed at the number of people who don't bother to check the exact terms of something they sign up for.

I'm amazed how anyone can wait for 12 months and then complain.

Why is the Vat so hard to understand, it's been aroung long enough?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5