cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 days and counting - for unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable

So after 11 days, and many hours of repeating the same conversation with numerous "GURUS" O2 have managed to let me down, ignore me, make countless empty promises and totally fail to unblock my device. A customer with them foe years, they seem to be actually obstructing me! Hoping I will finish my holiday before I get my phone unlocked perhaps?

And this morning I just recieved a new unlatching code from the special department case escalation emergency crack team of super gurus!!! And guess what? It doesn't work!!!

Message 10 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
@Anonymous has already received 2 codes which they say are wrong - worrying if the wrong codes have been entered incorrectly too many times.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the codes were different, I entered the first one twice, then started a live chat and was told to enter it again, it just says unlock request unsucessful. I entered the second code once so far, it says the same thing. I just don't know what to do now!

Message 22 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Galaxy S5 mini

Message 23 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it came new from 02 18 months ago

Message 24 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks C
Message 25 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, it has been mine from new.
Message 26 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it does, sorry, I didn't know how to merge them
Message 27 of 98

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Don't go over 10 attempts to unlock as it will permanently lock the phone.
In this case, I would suggest you take it in store and get a repair booked in and get O2 to complete the process for you - It'll be their problem if they mess it up and they will have to replace the handset for you then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks
Message 29 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Something has obviously gone very wrong as said many times..... Tho I didn't realise inputting wrong codes would 'brick' the device @MI5? Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 98