cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 days and counting - for unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable

So after 11 days, and many hours of repeating the same conversation with numerous "GURUS" O2 have managed to let me down, ignore me, make countless empty promises and totally fail to unblock my device. A customer with them foe years, they seem to be actually obstructing me! Hoping I will finish my holiday before I get my phone unlocked perhaps?

And this morning I just recieved a new unlatching code from the special department case escalation emergency crack team of super gurus!!! And guess what? It doesn't work!!!

Message 10 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable

So it's 10 days now since I asked 02 to unlock my handset to use another sim whilst abroard and I'm still waiting. The 'Gurus' keep telling me it's on the way but I'm still waiting. I was told it would most likely take a few hours but could be a MAXIMUM of 7 days. Now, after 7 days they told me 10 days! I suspect 02 are hoping my holiday will be over by the time they do it so they don't have to loose a single penny to another provider. Why do they refuse to help???????

Message 1 of 98

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
What phone is it?
Message 2 of 98

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What phone is it and where did you get it from?
Have you checked it's locked?
There is a link in your MYO2 to unlock so may be worth you requesting it via that link too http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

samsung galaxy S5 mini

Message 4 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it's locked, had 2 failed codes to unlock it, now they just keep telling me to wait, 10 days so far and I've been told it might take 7 more!! 17 days to get it unlocked??? 

Message 5 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just tried that link. Thank you.

Message 6 of 98

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Was it a new phone when you had it and directly from O2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was!

Message 8 of 98

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The 2 failed codes are a bit worrying tbh...
Were both codes different and how many times did you enter them?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 98