Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with this bill?

Dazz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What is Data calls and why is my bill for the first time in 16 month now in asking to be paid in advance, please take a look at the bill Maine concern is Data calls, thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y0ysPxs_ZLs4-WIYXsULzUtMEs3UtkW0/view?usp=drivesdk
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Yeah, as I suggested above about going over your data limit.
"Data calls" is how O2 bill that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Dazz wrote:
EDIT** I only have the mobile phone and SIM with o2, but if what your saying about £7 per mb then that could be part of the issue as I did go over my 3gb allowance but would that show as "data calls" and not just "data" as I use more than my 3gb most months but only paid about £20 on top of my usual bill cost

Clearly @Dazz it would depend how far over your 3gb limit you went. A call to 8002 wil answer any questions you have about your bill and you can also get information about what the charges are if/when you exceed your data limit. You can also get details of what it would cost you to increase your data limit. As, if you are exceeding that limit nearly every month, it would probably be cheaper to increase your limit rather than pay the exhorbitant charges when you do go over.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 17

Dazz
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you both @MI5 and @Glory1 for giving me the 8002 number telling me that Datta calls is o2's way of charging over the allowance and for other information on cost of usage on business contracts as soon as I can call I'll update with the results I find
Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Best of luck mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

You're very welcome @Dazz. Hope you get it all sorted to your satisfaction. And yes, please, do come back and let us know how you get on.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 15 of 17

Dazz
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok so just got back from holiday and data calls is from going over my allowance thanks for your prompt response I know where to go if I have any other problems
Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Thanks for confirming mate.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 17