Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sim

Tara
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a 20gb data sim. Is this capped to that amount so I can’t go over this & will I be notified when i’m nearing this amount?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Business data does not stop, so you need to monitor it carefully or you will be paying a very big bill for data used over your allowances.
There is a business customers section that you should have posted in to get the correct answers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tara it is not capped. You will receive a text when you have used 80% of your data then another when your allowance has run out 

Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Tara yes it is. Your data will stop when used up until the next month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You are normally notified when you have used 80%. You won't be able to go over as data stops once used. You will be prompted to buy a data bolt on if you should so wish.

Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tara it is not capped. You will receive a text when you have used 80% of your data then another when your allowance has run out 

It IS capped

Message 5 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
So long as it is not a business sim...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 12

Tara
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It is a business sim. How would that differ from comments above?
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Business data does not stop, so you need to monitor it carefully or you will be paying a very big bill for data used over your allowances.
There is a business customers section that you should have posted in to get the correct answers.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
What device are you using the Sim in? If a phone, you can set it up so that the data shuts off once you reach a limit that you set.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 12

Tara
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok the currrnt situation is.
I have a 20gb business data sim that I used over the Christmas period due to moving house & having no telephone or broadband. I was using this as a hotspot ... shockingly we received a bill for £3400 after just 20 days use.
We have this o2 sim through a partner so the issue we now have is o2 say it’s nothing to do with them and to discuss with our 3rd party partner but today’s they are very unsympathetic to our cause, aggressive in their approach & have been very unhelpful todate.
Does anyone have any ideas where we can go from here! Is there any help I can get and can someone tell me why it is that I could exceed the 20gb sims data. Why is it named 20gb if it’s actually unlimited?
Message 10 of 12